Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Esat bundled deals on broadband.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ah, my apologies, I should have put "jurisdiction" in inverted commas - it was Larry McCarthy's ("assistant chief executive" of the ASAI) word, not mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by sceptre
    Ah, my apologies, I should have put "jurisdiction" in inverted commas - it was Larry McCarthy's ("assistant chief executive" of the ASAI) word, not mine.
    Sounds like you were misled by a smooth talking member if the advertising profesion.

Have you considered complaining to the Advertsing Standards Authority of Ireland? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Ripwave
    Sounds like you were misled by a smooth talking member if the advertising profesion.

Have you considered complaining to the Advertsing Standards Authority of Ireland? :D
    :D
    Sent Larry a nice polite "you must be kidding me" mail, CCed it to his masters. It was to do with an advertising campaign that had apparently just ended by the time they got around to replying to me. Their (Larry's) assertion was that it would be a waste of time proceeding to examine the adverts, even though any idiot could have seen that it was in breach of their code. Which doesn't tally with any other times they've made rulings on advertising campaigns that have "just ended". I assumed both that someone was beholden to someone else (which was when my opinion that, as you put it, the ASAI is a "private club run for the benefit of its members" was cemented) and didn't feel like rocking the boat and that Larry was not exactly useful in his position*. Never heard back from either of them.

*unless of course you're an advertiser. Which brings us back again to the ASAI being run solely for the benefit of its members

Advertisement