Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify data usage variation

Options
  • 09-10-2015 6:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

I am seeing a major discrepancy between Spotify usage rates with two different providers in different parts of the world.

Until recently I was living in the UK. I used to stream from Spotify using 3G for at least 60 minutes five days a week walking to and from work. I never reached my 2gb monthly limit. I have been in Canada for a couple of months and I find that over here the usage/hour is at least twice the UK rate (I can tell because they provide a breakdown of usage per day and I have isolated Spotify).

Here I'm on a 4G LTE network but as I have the app set to stream at "normal" quality, this should not affect the usage?

Can anyone offer any insight as to why there would be such a difference? I will get on to the provider but I know what their response will be...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

How much does the data tracker on your phone say you are using per day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

About 220mb+ for approximately 60 mins usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

About 220mb+ for approximately 60 mins usage.

Is that more or less than your bill quoting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Ah sorry I was quoting the figure from my bill. Looks like I have to reset my iPhone usage stats to do a test. I'll get back to you!

Advertisement