Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Unlocking Question

Options
  • 07-10-2015 9:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

Just wanted to ask a quick question about unlocking phones legitimately....

Apart from the network unlocking your phone are there any other legit ways? I don't want the phone to be rooted or have it's status be unofficial.

I have no experience unlocking phones outside of a network provider..

Are these various websites that unlock phones all above board? Some look dodgy and I'm not sure.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Hey All,

Just wanted to ask a quick question about unlocking phones legitimately....

Apart from the network unlocking your phone are there any other legit ways? I don't want the phone to be rooted or have it's status be unofficial.

I have no experience unlocking phones outside of a network provider..

Are these various websites that unlock phones all above board? Some look dodgy and I'm not sure.

Best will be directly from the network, each have their own requirements to unlock, on contacts most don't unlock until the contract is over, on pre-pay you need top-up €100 or more in the last 6 months or since you register the handset to qualify for an unlock, I think Vodafone are best as you can request on the website or get a friend on Vodafone to request itand do approve most of the requests.

I prefer to get unlock codes from ebay, they are cheaper just check feedback to make sure they have good ratings, for websites search on google for reviews/feedback before purchasing to see if they are reliable, do shopa round as prices can change quite a bit.

Advertisement