Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone soon - help

Options
  • 06-12-2009 3:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone, i'm on Meteor and due my upgrade the last 5 weeks or so. I'd love a Hero but unfortunatly no where has them available really (I barely have time to look around too) so I just want your opinions on a new phone for myself.

I use my phone for (not in any order) -

1- Wifi - is a must, home connection so can surf web in bed, kitchen etc. easily

2 - Music I'd love to replace an old mp3 player so memory/ music functions would be good

3- OS - Something nice and easy to use

4 - Camera - The odd snap +bluetooth/mmsing pictures

5- Battery - A decent battery - I send 70-100 texts a day and about 1hr wifi + 30 mins music or so.

6 - New - I'd like something new enough ( not neccesary; more like something that will last and I wont get bored) . Domething that will last me for around 4-6 months as I usually change every month or two but i'd like to stick with something til April or May.

Heres my options (all on this page - meteor bill pay ) - https://phones.meteor.ie/phones/

Any of these apart from N97 as it's too expensive.

HTC Hero - I'd love it but i'm sick of waiting on stock. Sure, if I pack another phone and on the day in-store the shop has it, i'll take the Hero in a flash, so i'm not really going to mention this.

Samsung jet - Guess its next in line - love the look, has wifi, mem card slot, music player, decent camera, BT, ability to send pics, whats the story with screen leakage, is this sorted yet?

Nokia N85 - LOVE this phone, not sure about NAVIGATION PAD, anyone used this? Is it a touch screen pad or normal buttons but it just changes (ie. when in music player, has music buttons???)

W995 - Might get this, thing that worries me is the slider. I'd trust nokia over SE for the slider as Nokia has more stury device in my opinion.

LG Viewty Smart - Excellent phone, no 3.5mm jack though :( Other wise good, havn;t heard much on it? Don't like touchscreen call +call end buttons, i'd prefer non touch ones.

LG Arena - Heard battery is muck? Again, don't like touchscreen call +call end buttons, i'd prefer non touch ones.

Sorry for the long post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

N900 :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

N900 :D:D:D:D:D

Very funny.

Heck, i'd take a 6230i over the N900.

Good luck with your lack of MMS yeah:P

Seriously though,any ideas? I'm lost :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

are you on a budget by any chance ?

if not i'd go for the Samsung Jet.

Not really. Just anything apart from the N97 on Meteor Bill Pay only. Around <149.99 ;)

Thanks mate. Why do you suggest that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

rizzee wrote: »
    Very funny.

Heck, i'd take a 6230i over the N900.

Good luck with your lack of MMS yeah:P

Seriously though,any ideas? I'm lost :(

Never really sent mms, BUT this will be added in a future firmware update.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

rizzee wrote: »
    Not really. Just anything apart from the N97 on Meteor Bill Pay only. Around <149.99 ;)

Thanks mate. Why do you suggest that?

Its a good phone, cpu/ram wise its quite fast too,

also it has all the extra's ya can ask for and its top quality like a high mp camera and wifi and all the rest,

cant see anything wrong with it really

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Just wait.The Heros worth it :cool:

Managed to reserve a Hero. Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

Go with the Samsung

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Go with the Samsung

Why are you bringing up 6 year old threads?

Post padding possibly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Fieldog wrote: »
    Why are you bringing up 6 year old threads?

Post padding possibly?

He's done this on another couple. Not sure why.

Advertisement