Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labours negative campaign worked

Options
  • 27-02-2011 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭

They spent the last week of the election slagging off FG rather than talking policies imo
    It worked though....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

They spent the last week of the election slagging off FG rather than talking policies imo
    It worked though....

In fairness to them they suffered from all sides before that, FG, FF and SF.

FF also focussed on FG and an overall majority.

I think most Irish people don't want single party Government, we don't trust any of them on their own!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭takun

K-9 wrote: »

I think most Irish people don't want single party Government, we don't trust any of them on their own!

That.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

It worked though....

Well in the last election labour had the Mullingar accord which more or less said they had the same economic policies as FG. The elecotorate did not take kindly to it and Labour got no thanks from them for their stance. Therefore this time round they took the strategy of giving their own ideas which obviously conflicted with FG and hey they get their best results ever. I think they knew what they were doing and knew they would be in government with FG, but giving an alternative, unlike what they did in 2007, has given them seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

My own opinion and the opinion of many others I've spoken to over the last two days is that their campaign was negative UP until the last week, when they then seemed to cosy up to Fine Gael. This change of tact seemed to win them those extra percentage points as people were more comfortable voting for a party that 'seemed' to want to be part of a stable FG government.

Labours campaign was pretty poor overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

funkyflea wrote: »
    My own opinion and the opinion of many others I've spoken to over the last two days is that their campaign was negative UP until the last week, when they then seemed to cosy up to Fine Gael. This change of tact seemed to win them those extra percentage points as people were more comfortable voting for a party that 'seemed' to want to be part of a stable FG government.

Labours campaign was pretty poor overall.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

If they had of cosied up to FG more, SF, FF and the rest would have attacked them, particularly the left.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement