Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin to Rosslare - How long?

• 16-10-2006 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

Leaving on Friday at around 11am. Any ideas what time I should expect to reach Rosslare Harbour. Ta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Where in Dublin are you starting from? Once on the M11/N11 it should take about 100-110 mins if Gorey is'nt too bad. Add another 15-25 if it is.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I've had to drive regularly between UCD and just south of Wex town- always seems to take me the bones of 2 hours; and I don't delay!Difficult road to make time on with all the crappy little towns like Ferns etc.
    Rosslare-Dublin must be nearly 100 miles all said and done, Wexford town is almost 90..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Coming from Dublin 3. I'm catching the ferry so if I give it 3 hours that should be plenty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭jd

zuutroy wrote:
    Coming from Dublin 3. I'm catching the ferry so if I give it 3 hours that should be plenty?

I can't see it taking more than 3 hours. Take the Eastlink anyway. You should do it in a bout 2 10. I have done Santry to (near) Wexford in about 1 45 (7am Saturday).
    jd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

Allow 3 hours to be safe. That includes a stop for personal needs etc. lol.

Gorey - if going through at Peak Hour take the Gorey Avoider route! Take a left at Inch!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

But do not sneeze at Inch or you'll miss it!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭REDZ

I do this one a lot, and i always turn left in Gorey and go the other road to wexford, i think it saves around 20mins, the n11 goes arseways after gorey to link up with enniscorthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,109 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

not sure about this

Rosslare - Gorey via Enniscorthy is 40 miles
    Rosslare - Gorey via Ballycanew is 35 miles

but on the latter route you have to go through Wexford town, and the speed limit (and road quality) is lower along the entire route. You might save some time in Gorey though....

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭REDZ

Won't save time in Gorey and its a crap raod but its 38km to wexford from Gorey via balleycanew, then another 14 to Rosslare, dunno about the n11 from Gorey to wexford, but it deffo seems much shorter and faster to me, i nearly always go that way.

Advertisement