Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Available channels through Sky Digital

• 01-04-2005 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Can someone please tell me what channels are available through the standard Sky Digital package ???. I am told by Sky that all channels including C4 and UTV are available however local suppliers tell me that they will not be available until the end of this month is this true???.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I am told by Sky that all channels including C4 and UTV are available
    Not on an Irish package.

Of the terrestrials the ones you'll get on any Irish package (family pack (€28.50) and above are RTE1 & 2, TV3, TG4, BBC1 & 2 and you can add the other BBC channels yourself to "Other channels". No ITV, no C4, no five.

Ignore the "ah yeah, bud, they'll be available at the end of the month". While rumours are always flying around about the ITV channels and they currently look like they're thinking about it, no-one knows anything. And C4 renewed their contract with Sky for another few years so almost definitely no go there. Assume the channels you'll get are the ones I listed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dragonviper

Thanks for clearing that one up, It was a toss up between Chorus or Sky but could not get a difinative answer from any local suppliers all had different views on the subject, now its decision time. Thanks Again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭The Westerner

There was a sky brochure in the Irish Daily Star during the week and among the channels listed in the family pack for €28.50 a month was "Five". It looked like the logo Channel Five in Britain uses. I thought Five wasn't available here in Southern Ireland. The brochure in question was titled "Mad March Offers". A printing mistake maybe? Or is Five coming here (along with UTV and Ch 4) because TG4 and RTE 1 and 2 are to appear on sky digital in the north soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭JohnC.

That mistake has been made several times in the leaflets they put inside newspapers. There is no Five.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

You'd think they'd cop onto the mistakes though, because I've seen quite a few misprinted leaflets! :rolleyes:

Dragonviper - get sky installed with an Irish card and then order a FTV from the UK. Use the Irish card for all the sky channels and when you want to swap to the UK ones, pop in the FTV card (but disconenct the phone line first!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dragonviper

chorus techy - I presume you need a UK address in order to obtain an activated FTV Card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 chubbyjoe

Hi, I'm not sure if this has been posted before, it gives a list of all the channels on SKY and other Satelites.

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skyuk.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

chorus techy - I presume you need a UK address in order to obtain an activated FTV Card.

Not necessarily, I'm sure you know someone in the UK / NI? Get the card sent to their address and then get them to forward it on to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

I have finally gotten a UK address. Can someone please remind me of the phone number to order the FTV card?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

http://www.freesatfromsky.co.uk/

"I already have digital satellite equipment - what else do I need?

All you need to get access to the free channels available on the digital satellite platform is a freesat viewing card which costs just £20."

0870 240 5651

00 44 870 2405651 ;-)

p.s. you will need to call sky to activate the card, they will want you to quote the UK postcode that they sent the card to, plus the s/n from your digibox. (the card doesn't appearer to be tied to the box though)
    BraveDonut wrote:
    I have finally gotten a UK address. Can someone please remind me of the phone number to order the FTV card?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

You might also want to either have the person at your UK address call SKy on your behalf or hide your irish phone number when dialling.

Advertisement