Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can 2 cards be active on a single sky digibox?

Options
  • 31-03-2005 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Can I have two active cards on a sky digibox, say my subscription card and a FTV card so I can swap them when ever I want to watch channel 4 or ITV?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Yes they most certainly can. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Ravage

What about one card in two boxes and move the card between them?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Can work for you, but the premium channels only work on the box the card is married to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

I have a ftv card and the irish card and swap between them but someone told ME that this is bad for the box if you do it every day. any information as to if this is true because I know that it is recommended that the ftv card be put in regulary to stop it becoming deactive.how bad would it be to swap cards daily or weekly even

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

I would imagine that the contacts in the boxes card reader could become worn with frequent card changing ?

Maybe someone could make up gadget with two card slots a ribbon cable a switch and a small PCB that goes into the card slot

BTW is it necessary/advisable to unplug the box while swapping cards ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭intersplat

Mike 1972 wrote:
    I would imagine that the contacts in the boxes card reader could become worn with frequent card changing ?

Maybe someone could make up gadget with two card slots a ribbon cable a switch and a small PCB that goes into the card slot

BTW is it necessary/advisable to unplug the box while swapping cards ?

Much the same as starting your car each time. The starting motor will eventually fail but hey that's what it's for!

As regards unplugging the box I wouldn't bother unless the sw in the box gets confused .

Advertisement