Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

black waste once off?

Options
  • 18-05-2015 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody,
    I remember I saw somewhere near some shops a place where I could throw black bins once off.

I have something like 3/4 big black waste bags to throw away and I am wondering where to bring them.

If I go up to the recycle centre, as I will be driving a van, will they charge over 100 euro as I have a van or they will let me throw only few bags?
    Any other place?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Why not park outside the centre and walk the bags in? I cant think of any free waste spots for unsorted waste, as that goes against the whole policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

jsabina wrote: »
    Hi everybody,
    I remember I saw somewhere near some shops a place where I could throw black bins once off.

I have something like 3/4 big black waste bags to throw away and I am wondering where to bring them.

If I go up to the recycle centre, as I will be driving a van, will they charge over 100 euro as I have a van or they will let me throw only few bags?
    Any other place?

thanks!
    4 bags - Coolmine should let you in for a bin-tag / equivalent payment on card. Obviously tell them at the gate you've only got the 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

yeah,
    I will go there with the bags and in my car so I won't have the problem :)
    I am sure there was some sort of collection where you put the bag of unsorted and pay, I think in clarehall but not sure.. seen it years ago..

thanks for your replies

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

yeah,
    I will go there with the bags and in my car so I won't have the problem :)
    I am sure there was some sort of collection where you put the bag of unsorted and pay, I think in clarehall but not sure.. seen it years ago..

thanks for your replies

Clarehall has a waste disposal called The Big Bin for household waste. Coolmine won't accept house hold waste.

nice that was I was looking for!
    Wondering if there was something similar closer, but think I might need to go to clarehall then..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

nice that was I was looking for!
    Wondering if there was something similar closer, but think I might need to go to clarehall then..

Yeah it's the closest to dublin 15 I can find, think it's about 7/8 euros for two black bags. You buy the ticket in the centre from a machine opposite the post office.

I never asked, but what's in the bags?

ah household waste, moving to a new house and they left some nice black bags full of mixed stuff, cans and similar..
    I know about the recycling, but I believe many things are not..

ah household waste, moving to a new house and they left some nice black bags full of mixed stuff, cans and similar..
    I know about the recycling, but I believe many things are not..
    Ah gotchya, household food waste. Coolmine is out so. If you're there when there is a scheduled bin collection, just throw the lads the price of a pint and I'm sure they'll look after you ;)

Advertisement