Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Pat had an open goal with the stoning of women question that he allowed to be fobbed off.

It did seem to be a bit of an "apologists corner" first hour of the show. :D

The Chinese woman was most interesting and articulate though.

she was scary in her absolute defense of chineese policy from top to bottom , would give goebells a run for his money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

irishh_bob wrote: »
    she was scary in her absolute defense of chineese policy from top to bottom , would give goebells a run for his money
    She neither defended nor attacked Chinese policy: she set out to explain it. There is great irony in referring to Goebbels when presenting a distorted image of something.

Not to mention following Godwin's Law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

She neither defended nor attacked Chinese policy: she set out to explain it. There is great irony in referring to Goebbels when presenting a distorted image of something.

Not to mention following Godwin's Law.

Your absolutely right and she did say that protesters are cracked down on, women are kidnapped for marriage and that you're spied on all the time, not the traditional denials you would hear from a Chinese government official, I wouldn't like to live there but as she said its not all bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Jesus, MLOD is in horrendous form today - I've had to turn her off - why use one word when fifty will do - turningandtwistingandduckinganddivingandandandandandandandandandand - she's turning into a parody of herself. Unlistenable (if that's even a word). :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

She is such a self-expanding ham!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Just tuned in, seems I missed MLOD (whew!). I wonder will Pat acknowledge his own part in the disintegration of Sean Gallagher's campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well it wasn't his part, the Frontline tweet was allowed by the producer/director. fronting a live show Kenny didn't have much latitude to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

I just don't really get "Gabriela y Rodrigo".
    I realise they have a solid enough fanbase.
    However, I find their fast paced compositions very busy (too much going on ) and boring.
    I just heard one of their more "reflective" pieces with the Cuban ensemble and it sounded like elevator music.
    Sorry.. not my cuppa tea ...

mike65 wrote: »
    Well it wasn't his part, the Frontline tweet was allowed by the producer/director. fronting a live show Kenny didn't have much latitude to stop it.

Perhaps. In my opinion, the (moral) buck stops with the presenter, though. He (PK) tried to put it down to SG's inability to handle pressure.

ifconfig wrote: »
    I just don't really get "Gabriela y Rodrigo".
    I realise they have a solid enough fanbase.
    However, I find their fast paced compositions very busy (too much going on ) and boring.
    I just heard one of their more "reflective" pieces with the Cuban ensemble and it sounded like elevator music.
    Sorry.. not my cuppa tea ...

Not a huge fan of this latest stuff, with that band drowning them out, but the duo stuff is pretty good. Check out their version of Stairway to Heaven on Youtube...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Jesus, MLOD is in horrendous form today - I've had to turn her off - why use one word when fifty will do - turningandtwistingandduckinganddivingandandandandandandandandandand - she's turning into a parody of herself. Unlistenable (if that's even a word). :mad:

Vicky Pollard would be a relief tbh.
    Shite talker of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 johnnyrafter

mike65 wrote: »

Yes your probably right, but Pat Kennys reaction says it all ..... Did he demand an investigation in to it ..... no . Basically he disowned himself from any blame, as did Rte . They might aswell have said, ' sure we read out anything thats handed to us' ... Anchor man comes to mind . Pat Kenny has and will come out of this very badly in what is the biggest media deception of the Irish people ever ( whether meant or not ) .... Can anyone think of another ?

Not one mention of the fake tweet and the deception it caused. Dont think i'll be buy Tom Reddy's book, he was either told not to mention it or was to afraid, not much journalism going on there.

Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Load of exaggerated amateur dramatics as usual.... Could they not a find a position for her in RTE children's TV, sitting in a rocking chair reading "The Three Little Pigs" in front of the open fire... She certainly has the look nailed.. Crow is right..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

What are those nordies even saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

If there was ever a need for subtitles on the Radio, Paddy proved it today!

Anyone got a spare Babel fish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"De pimps be a rocking"
    "Cali is where they know how to put the mac down"
    "California knows how to party"

None of them have left the Pale I bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

"Tapping into Synergies will be lost" - you'd swear a day in the life of a childrens hospital was like an episode of House.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

re the Childrens Hospital / an bord pleanala decision.... brace yourself for an aural assault from Harry Crosbie (he must be on a tropical Island somewhere as normally he has a direct line to Montrose)

is there any rural community that is not 'close knit' ?

or is that a term taught to 2nd rate provincial paper hacks in the hackery?

• Advertisement

the Malahide viaduct fiasco won't have encouraged too many people to switch to using the train.

The CEO of IrishRail thinks the zinc from Tara Mines is coming from 'the Tara Hills'....

so to sum it up, he wants funding for electrification, dart underground, state subsidies for freight, and double-tracking.

two chances.

so to sum it up, he wants funding for electrification, dart underground, state subsidies for freight, and double-tracking.

two chances.

state subsidy for freight = penalties and charges on Road Freight.... the pols will have no problem introducing such stealthy business breakers but I doubt IrishRail will ever get the collected moolah...

lol@praise for Irish Rail CEO. His vision for the western rail corridor hasn't worked out so well, unless you're one of the pensioners on free rail passes who actually use it.

Fr Sean has found a new dead horse

• Advertisement

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Tina 'Useless rehashed what you already know but reiterated incorrectly by Tina' Leonard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

my friend wrote: »
    AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Tina 'Useless rehashed what you already know but reiterated incorrectly by Tina' Leonard
    Standard attack on Tina Leonard by boards poster.

Tina warning us about bad grammar on a car ad - 90% of donedeal.ie so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

A warning to "my friend" and "P. Breathnach": Keep your petty squabbles off the threads here or you'll both face a ban. Offending posts have been deleted.

is it a good idea that people are ringing in to tell Pat of empty land banks around the country? He'll be out putting electronic gates on them by lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

aah... the Monday morning scrounger 'love-in'... from a pub no less!

It warms the heart of very worker-bee listening, labouring for another day to afford them the privilage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭mattser

This guy likes saying " for sure ".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

It's a habit you get into when living abroad as it's a common expression amongst people for whom English is not their primary language.

Des seemed genuinely flumoxed at Pat bringing the topic of a Woman into the discussion of football.

train-derail-31.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

Pats criticism of American voters rings a bit hollow when you think of who our lot have voted for in recent history. Jackie Healy, Mattie McGrath, Michael Lowry, the entire Sinn Fein political party etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Pats criticism of American voters rings a bit hollow when you think of who our lot have voted for in recent history. Jackie Healy, Mattie McGrath, Michael Lowry, the entire Sinn Fein political party etc.

I'm getting bored of hearing these American primary discussions, every week. He does not need to return to the subject until the Republicans pick their candidate.

Even more so if you recall the post-budget programmes when Biffo and Lenihan were in Finance, PK used to run interference if any difficult questions were asked.

MLOD in non-fluff piece shocker...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Yakuza wrote: »
    MLOD in non-fluff piece shocker...

First time to not be annoying shocker! She was excellent in this piece in fairness. She has described the dispute in an eloquent and interesting fashion. Well done mlod, you do have it in you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I enjoyed the Charles Dickens segment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Éamon Ó Cuív rewriting history again .... 'sure it was nothing to do with me I was only a Government Minister looking after my own patch'.
    God Help poor old Ireland if this is the best we can produce :(:(:(:(

The tears are flowing down my screen. If only this guy had been in Cabinet for the past 14 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Hopefully we're listening to the end of the political career of another of the Economic Traitors!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Is anyone having trouble with the internet stream this morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

I'm having trouble with tunein radio in the last two days. I heard others complaining about it yesterday also.. but its working fine again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I have problems with it every morning but today I'm listening on the old fashioned radio .... still getting sick of Ó Cuív though & now for Mattie, from one gob****e to another :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Was saying on the liveline thread yesterday Ivy that I have problems with it every day (both the website stream and the TuneIn radio app on my phone.)

Its a joke. It looks like RTE spent a lot of money with its fancy design but my stream keeps dropping off and I have to reload it maybe 8/9 times an hour. Really annoying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Ahhhh!! I missed the name of the book on African history , what was it ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

jcf wrote: »
    Ahhhh!! I missed the name of the book on African history , what was it ??

Lost Kingdoms Of Africa

Link to show with details:

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/todaywithpatkenny/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement