Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should Trapattoni drop Keave so that Stephen Ireland will come back?

• 24-10-2008 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Saw this a while ago on AH and thought I would do a poll here. Basically Keane is apparently the person who bullied Stephen Ireland out of the squad, so do you think trap should drop Keane so that S.Ireland would come back, or would you keep Keane and not have Stephen back? Would never happen of course but would be interesting to hear what you think. Personally I think it would be a no brainer, I'd bring Stephen back in a second at the expense of Keane. Think Keane rarely plays good for Ireland, whereas Stephen Ireland looks like he's developing into a world class player, and is in the form of his life at the minute.

Should Trap drop Keane so Stephen Ireland will return? 11 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 11 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

ohh yes... like i always wanted. another thread about steven ireland.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Ireland is playing fantastic at the moment, if needs be, yes, drop keane.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

if he can't deal with it he just shouldn't play end of discussion close the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Might as well get it over with now

IrelandPinkRange_800x459(4).jpg

Can't see what Keane could of thought of to slag him over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

I don't care if he drives about in a pink range rover, it's what he does on the pitch that counts, its probably his girlfriends motor anyway and he just borrowed it cause his ferrari wouldn't start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Might as well get it over with now

IrelandPinkRange_800x459(4).jpg

When I saw that picture first I thought it was doctored...till I saw it outside Eastlands. Mad I tells ya....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I hope its not that car as that was done to raise awarness for breast cancer so anybody who slags him over it is a bit of a c-unit tbh.

Stephen Ireland is a legend and Robbie Keane is a waster. Trapa if given the option should definitly drop Keane and bring in Ireland without a seconds thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Ireland is a noob, Keane is a proven top class striker....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

I don't care if he drives about in a pink range rover, it's what he does on the pitch that counts

He's a gob****e, I don't care how good he is, if he's not interested in playing for his country then we should stop asking him. It should be an honor to play for his country, he isn't even bothered so fcuk him
    This thread tells ye everything ye need to know about your average Irish supporter, yes we should drop our captain and top scorer for someone who currently has no interest in playing for us and the same people would question why I support club over country :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Dropping Keane will do feck all as to whether S. Ireland will come back or not, because IMO, the only reason he's refusing to come back is pure stubborness - so dropping Keane would only leave us without our best goalscorer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

colly10 wrote: »
    He's a gob****e, I don't care how good he is, if he's not interested in playing for his country then we should stop asking him. It should be an honor to play for his country, he isn't even bothered so fcuk him

Its not an honour when brain dead untalented morons like Keane are constantly giving you ****, especially when you're going through a hard time. Keane is so overrated, when is the last time he played well for Ireland? 3/4 years ago maybe? Hes finished.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I hope its not that car as that was done to raise awarness for breast cancer so anybody who slags him over it is a bit of a c-unit tbh.

Guess i'm a cunt so. A custom job like that would cost a pretty penny. I'm sure Cancer researchers would just rather that money upfront, then this plonker rolling around in his Chav mobile.

Its not an honour when brain dead untalented morons like Keane are constantly giving you ****, especially when you're going through a hard time. Keane is so overrated, when is the last time he played well for Ireland? 3/4 years ago maybe? Hes finished.

(Praying Mr. Alan comes in after a few jars and reads this)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It's a moot point, Ireland wouldn't pass the not being a pansy requirement to be allowed play international football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Dropping Keane, Irelands top ever goalscorer and someone who wants to play for his county for a very talanted player who doesnt. I think Ill keep Keane thanks very much.

I would be delighted if Ireland changes his mind and decides to come back to the Ireland scene but bottom line is you cant force someone to play for their country. I certainly wouldnt want to see him come back at the expense of Keane tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

So players should only play international if the team is up to their standard ye? People are quick to forget the fact that Keane is top scorer and what he has done for Ireland, he could of just packed it in as well 8 years ago cause he wasn't arsed. Actually could ye really blame any of them for packing it in when this is the sort of credit they get from the "fans"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

There's some nonsense on this thread.
    Saw this a while ago on AH and thought I would do a poll here. Basically Keane is apparently the person who bullied Stephen Ireland out of the squad, so do you think trap should drop Keane so that S.Ireland would come back, or would you keep Keane and not have Stephen back? Would never happen of course but would be interesting to hear what you think. Personally I think it would be a no brainer, I'd bring Stephen back in a second at the expense of Keane. Think Keane rarely plays good for Ireland, whereas Stephen Ireland looks like he's developing into a world class player, and is in the form of his life at the minute.

Yeah great idea. Drop our all-time leading goalscorer and captain for someone who isn't interested in the team. Plus sure haven't we a wealth of talent up front. Daryl Murphy, Shane Long...who needs him.

Constantly giving sh*t? Where is the evidence Keane has done ANYTHING wrong?

As for him being finished, yeah 23 goals last season. He's a has-been. :rolleyes:

People should have more respect for Robbie Keane. I'm a fan of Stephen Ireland but would not support what the OP suggests even if the two of them do have issues. Let them sort it out like adults if there is tension there.

Stephen Ireland is a legend and Robbie Keane is a waster.

nonsense of the highest order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

the car was done is support of breast cancer research?

where you hear that?

seems people like to defend Ireland no matter how much of a clown he acts.

His bebo was probably to raise aids awareness yea?

maybe he refused to play underage for ireland in order to raise money for meningitis?

maybe the superman pants were to raise awareness for testicular cancer?

perhaps dead granny number 1 was to raise awareness for parkinsons disease and dead granny number 2 was to raise money for alzheimers?

the guy is a tool, plain and simple, he does not want to play for Ireland, none of us know the reasons why, all we can gather from his behaviour in the public eye is that he is a tool of the highest order.

Speculating its to do with Keane is nonsense, Keane is the captain of the team (rightly or wrongly) and has never really had a rep as anything other than a good professional.

Irelands own team mate (Dunne) has said he has no clue wat is going through Irelands head not wanting to represent his country and there is nothing that'll be done to persuade him to come back.

Leave him be over in Manchester.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Im sorry, Keane? Can anyone honestly believe Keane would bully anyone? The guy is such a nice guy, that comes through in every single interview he ever does.

I fail to see what driving a black land rover with pink accesories does for breast cancer awareness - did they consider a logo?

Am I a **** for laughing at him before I knew this? I don't care. Grow a pair and play for your country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,988 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

StephenIreland2.jpg
    no, just...no

Id still take him back with open arms, but thats not to say we should just bend over for the guy...

Id take a good player who actually wants to play for the country any day over a good player who doesn't seem to give a toss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Heard it was Paul McShane he had trouble with.

Then I heard Keane.

Then I heard Stephen Hunt.

Then.....who knows where.

Lets be honest, Keane rarely puts in MOTM performancs for Ireland these days. Hasnt done for about 5 years. For some reason the man is a genius at knocking in goals in away friendlies, but cant transform it to away qualifiers.

Still, if it was McShane who bullied him out, I would take S Ireland back and Titus Bramble in our defence due to some misprint on his grandmothers birth cert rather than have McShane back. The man is purely a "oh god oh god" watch through your eyes type of player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

As much as I hate Keane as a player he is Ireland's top scorer and an integral part of the team so there is no way in hell he should be dropped to accomodate another player.

It's a team and even though I love Stephen Ireland, if he can't get over a problem with one guy out of a squad of 22 then he shouldn't be back in.

However there is absolute shite posted in this thread, none more so than the below -
    astrofool wrote: »
    It's a moot point, Ireland wouldn't pass the not being a pansy requirement to be allowed play international football.

I think 4 goals in 6 games shows he passes your 'pansy requirement' to play international football :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Should Trappatoni drop Irelands captain and second most successful footballer of the last decade who is now at a top 4 club and playing well and replace him with an (albeit very talented) insecure chav who is clearly missing a few vital screws?

Don't be silly.

No.

What has him being 'a chav' (if he is one) got to do with anything?

Andy Reid could be deemed a scummy northdsider yet everyone has been wankin over him lately.

Stick to the fuckin football for christ sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

forget ireland, maybe we could drop keane and bring in Kevin Nolan:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I think he just can't be arsed to play for his country and is using the excuse that he was bullied by the other players as a get out.
    He is a very good player but he is also a dickhead and I would wish people would stop starting threads about him, he's been asked several times to come back and doesn't want to, I would have asked him once nicely and if he said no then I would have told him to Fook off.

• Advertisement

he is also a dickhead

Do you know him to be making that assumption?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

I know Keane is a good player and he has the stats to prove it. But I can't stand watching him - he has made me tear my hair out ever since his time at Leeds - and I love watching Stephen Ireland.
    I'd change it just for the hell of it. In fact, right now, I would drop any player necessary to get Ireland back, bar possibly Given. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Do you know him to be making that assumption?

I do know that he said his grandmothers had died when in fact they were alive and kicking, and he also said his girlfriend had a miscarriage. Now I don't know for sure if she did or not but IMO he lied about that too.
    Anyone that says things like that is a Dickhead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

What has him being 'a chav' (if he is one) got to do with anything?

Andy Reid could be deemed a scummy northdsider yet everyone has been wankin over him lately.

Stick to the fuckin football for christ sake.

Chav or not, that doesn't bother me. I love watching Stephen Ireland play football as he seems to do things "off the cuff", for want of a better phrase.

But the idea of dropping our captain and a loyal servant, not to mention decent rolemodel, for someone who 'appears' to be in the game purely for the money (the whole football is crap story) would send out ALL the wrong signals and would be a massive step backwards imo.

Fizman wrote: »
    Chav or not, that doesn't bother me. I love watching Stephen Ireland play football as he seems to do things "off the cuff", for want of a better phrase.

They why say it if it's not relevant?
    But the idea of dropping our captain and a loyal servant, not to mention decent rolemodel, for someone who 'appears' to be in the game purely for the money (the whole football is crap story) would send out ALL the wrong signals and would be a massive step backwards imo.

As I've said, I totally agree with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

no one player should dictate the team in any way.

I like stephen ireland as a player but he clearly isnt arsed representing his country and I wouldnt drop irelands worst reserve player nerver mind keane cause s.ireland is in a huff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Never considered Breast Cancer when I looked at the car to be honest. Not sure how pink rims and trims make people aware of Breast Cancer. Stupid feckin idea to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Now I don't know for sure if she did or not but IMO he lied about that too.

Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Blackjack wrote: »
    Never considered Breast Cancer when I looked at the car to be honest. Not sure how pink rims and trims make people aware of Breast Cancer. Stupid feckin idea to be honest.

I think that car has done loads for the Stephen Ireland is a clown awareness camaign.

I think that car has done loads for the Stephen Ireland is a clown awareness camaign.

I actually hope he doesn't come back because if does he will have people like you baying for his blood at every turn. A stupid comment.

I actually hope he doesn't come back because if does he will have people like you baying for his blood at every turn. A stupid comment.

I think he's a top player and would love to see him back for Ireland but he's still a clown with a black and pink car.

• Advertisement

I think he's a top player and would love to see him back for Ireland but he's still a clown with a black and pink car.

FFS who gives a bollox what car he drives? This isn't the feckin Celebrity & Showbiz forum.

People are resorting to calling him an idiot, a chav, and a clown because his talent as a footballer can no longer be questioned and it wouldn't be right to not criticise him in some way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Id love to hear opinions of Zidane if he drove a black and pink car. Bet your bottom f*cking dollar that these fools would go out and do the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Just to remind everyone that this is not the first time that Ireland has pulled out of a national squad.

I think he just doesn't want to play for Ireland, Keane or no Keane, Kerr or no Kerr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

And IMO this thread is in the running for stupidest ever. :D:D:D

(I know, I know - I don't need to contribute then)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Of course the answer is no and doesnt really need to be asked. Leaving the door open for him to return is a more than generous gesture on behalf of the Irish team after the way he has behaved towards to the national team.

Hes turning into a fantastic player, which makes it all the more sad that he isnt representing his country, but one man doesnt make a team( with the exception of Maradona:D) and should be treated no different than the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,946 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

shipment_of_fail.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

Nope. Trappa shouldn't have to be pandering to that f***in muppet. If he wants to come back to play for Ireland it must be on Trappa's terms not his.

FFS who gives a bollox what car he drives? This isn't the feckin Celebrity & Showbiz forum.

People are resorting to calling him an idiot, a chav, and a clown because his talent as a footballer can no longer be questioned and it wouldn't be right to not criticise him in some way.

Whats your problem with people slagging him off? There's no doubting his ability as a footballer that's not the problem. It's his attitude that is, and as trivial as it is i think his car sums it up perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭glenjamin

How would the rest of the Irish squad feel if our captain and top scorer was dropped in favour of a player who really couldn't care less if he plays for his country or not? Think it would really benefit us as a team?

Stephen Ireland knows that he would be welcomed back with open arms and knows that he would walk straight back into the Irish starting XI so if he ever wants to play for his country again it should be down to his own accord. Trap, Bardy, Tardelli, Dunne, Keane or whoever should just walk away and let this young man make his own decisions and leave him to ponder whether hes making the right one(s). Trap has tried and failed to bring him back. Surely he can't do any more than that.

Stupid thread imo....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

what an idiot you really are,so stephen ireland been in form for 8 or 9 games would warrent dropping our top goalscorer of all time??

im a big fan of stephen ireland and would love to see him play for ireland but if he doesnt wanta play for his country and wear that jersey with pride then ****'em,glad to see the vast majority of people voted for keane.

• Advertisement
Advertisement