Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Chelsea v Liverpool

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fer petes sake, Lfc so excited they can't tyerpe :pac:

oopsrd5.jpg

Mike

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

It's the most confidence inspiring teamsheet that he could have picked I think, given Torres' absence.

Obviously doesn't compare to Chelsea's riches but sometimes it's not all about that, we will see how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Tusky wrote: »
    Anyone got any good streams for the game ? My sky sports aint working :(

http://www.justin.tv/directory?category=sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Personally I think Chelsea will win, but as always in matches with Chelsea, I'll be cheering for the other person. Sadly this means that I'll be cheering for Liverpool.
    Or that's what my head says. Realistically, once the game goes on and on, I'll start wanting to see Liverpool lose more and more, even though I think its bad for United.
    Football's a funny game :)

PHB wrote: »
    Personally I think Chelsea will win, but as always in matches with Chelsea, I'll be cheering for the other person. Sadly this means that I'll be cheering for Liverpool.
    Or that's what my head says. Realistically, once the game goes on and on, I'll start wanting to see Liverpool lose more and more, even though I think its bad for United.
    Football's a funny game :)

Well Liverpool fans got their desired result yesterday at Goodison.. maybe United fans will get theirs today ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

why do pundits keep saying chelsea play really attractive football?

their players are still the exact same, and while scolari has changed them a tiny bit they still display the same sort of style.

hahahahah look at keane in his socks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

why do pundits keep saying chelsea play really attractive football?

their players are still the exact same, and while scolari has changed them a tiny bit they still display the same sort of style.

One word - Deco

he hasn't been that good since he joined...he played well in the first game and all the pundits start jumping on the bandwagon.

he hasn't been that good since he joined...he played well in the first game and all the pundits start jumping on the bandwagon.

But you said the players are the exact same. They aren't. Deco is a calming influence who plays nice football. It has rubbed off on those around him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Right, signing off until after the match.

Here's hoping for a result.

Liverpool lose - bookie's result, not a knockout punch in the title chase
    Liverpool draw - great result
    Liverpool win - amazing result, real statement of intent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,988 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Everyone seems to be allowed to feel free to join attacks too.

Tell ya what, I think we'd have seen a different Damien Duff under Scolari then we did under Mourinho.

Come on the Pool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Someone give us a working stream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHgh! :p:p:p

Alonso via the deflection off Bossingwa.

Mike

Goal for Pool. Jammy as fook and against the run of play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Xabi!

Come on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

God damn

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We'll take it.

GET IN!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

ROFL!

That better not go down as an OG.

Chelsea playing some lovely passing football early on, that right este?!

Baffling as always from Webb - does nothing when Carragher breaks up Lampard but books Riera for a nothing foul on Bosingwa.

Its been two and half years since Liverpool lost a league game they scored first in, so thats Chelseas target!

Mike

cracker of a shot from Gerrard with his bad leg!

• Advertisement

Save of the season so far from Cech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

if Pool score again, which it looks like they could, it will be game over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

great skill by mikel..hes our best player so far.

Oh heck, half time can't arrive quick enough right now.

Dopey ref.

Mike

Mikel has looked very very good alright. We miss Torres a lot, when he's not there the option of lashing it up to a corner for him to chase, and more often then not win, is gone. If its not to Keane's feet theres not much he can do, not fast or tall. Think Babel could be a very important second half sub.

harsh on Gerrard, looked good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

That was very harsh, and what a break they had on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Nothing wrong with that tackle from Gerrard on Boswingwa (sp)

Lol clearly a Chelsea corner there.

Pool have defended well so far but it will be a serious test to stop Chelsea scoring at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

We really have to start getting on the ball, far too panicy, lashing the ball up the field is inviting pressure

aye, still a decent half though, Chelsea had loads of possession, but no real chances. The last half hour will be interesting if chelsea dont score before then as they'll be really pushing, leaving room for (most likely) Babel to take advantage of. Could see Riera going off for him, he's likely to get a second yellow the way Bosingwa's playing, even though the first yellow was a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

So so half so far. We started well but started to sit too deep as the half went on. The foul that got Gerard the booking was a complete shambles in my opinion.

If we continue like this, I wouldn't bet against Chelsea scoring.

I really enjoy watching Riera play. So composed on the ball when surrounded by players and looks like he could get out of any situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Liverpool got a slice of luck in the goal, but since then, they've executed their game plan pretty well I think.

Chelsea have dominated but haven't created any real chances.
    Liverpool have been trying to hit them on the break, but only Riera and Gerrard look quick enough to execute it. Babel would make a big big difference imo, and give them a chance to get a second.

I'd be surprised if Liverpool managed to hold out for another 45 minutes sitting this deep without concedding. Eventually one of Lampard's deflected shots will fumble in. They need a second I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    aye, still a decent half though, Chelsea had loads of possession, but no real chances. The last half hour will be interesting if chelsea dont score before then as they'll be really pushing, leaving room for (most likely) Babel to take advantage of. Could see Riera going off for him, he's likely to get a second yellow the way Bosingwa's playing, even though the first yellow was a joke.

True, would ye rely on Babels defensive skills against Bosingwa though, think we'd be better leaving Riera on unless the game changes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

colly10 wrote: »
    True, would ye rely on Babels defensive skills against Bosingwa though, think we'd be better leaving Riera on unless the game changes

I'd throw him on for Keane. He's not suited to playing up there on his own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Riera has been good but I would deffo put Babel on 10 mins into the second half, for two reasons.

His pace will be very useful on the counter attack. Riera has been booked and we cant afford to pull out of challenges on that left hand side..we also cant afford to go down to 10 men, so with Babel on it would solve that problem.

Babel also has a good record against the big sides. His last 3 goals were against Man Utd, Chelsea & Arsenal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

ill be honest.
    i got f**ked last nite and have been asleep till now. thank you greenwich mean time for making me not miss the entire match.

can sum1 sum the game up so far in a sentence ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

but babel has never worked that hard off the ball and has shown no indication that he will.Leave him for the final 15 minutes.

Need to be further up the pitch,but playing well all the same

Jazzy wrote: »
    ill be honest.
    i got f**ked last nite and have been asleep till now. thank you greenwich mean time for making me not miss the entire match.

can sum1 sum the game up so far in a sentence ?

Chelsea loads of pressure but no chances, Xabi scored with a 'frank lampard special' deflection goal.

Chelsea well on top, jammy goal from Pool who are defending well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

sound

BORING MATCH basically sums it up, but Gerrard is playing good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement