Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Everton V Man United [All Pre/During/After Match Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

He's finished tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Deserved point for Everton for the performance they put in the second half no doubt about that. Well earned.

That said,
    United should have scored more in the first half. And they should have scored in their response in the last 10 minutes. Points dropped for United, shoulda done better. United only have themselves to blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

last chance...

everton deserved it on 2nd half. poor we didnt finish them off

Thought Everton done well and could have won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

W00t!

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

PHB wrote: »
    Deserved point for Everton for the performance they put in the second half no doubt about that. Well earned.

That said,
    United should have scored more in the first half. And they should have scored in their response in the last 10 minutes. Points dropped for United, shoulda done better.

I agree, and a nice boost for whoever gets the points tomorrow. Pressure off, for the moment, when it shoulda been pressure on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Hobart wrote: »
    I agree, and a nice boost for whoever gets the points tomorrow. Pressure off, for the moment, when it shoulda been pressure on.

Exactly. Really had to do better with Chelsea and Liverpool taking points off each other. Going to be a while before United can think about leading the premiership. We're going to be playing catch up for a good while, possibly Feburuary or March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Fcuking gutted by that result , typical, yet another away game after the CL midweek and crap performance.

Ronaldo is playing like a plank, but to those who dare say he is done STFU!!

He isnt fit yet, and hasnt regained his spark , but it will come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Very disappointing especially considering how Everton have been playing all season. United should have wrapped it up in the first half but were hanging a bit for a point in the end. Some very bad unforced errors from Brown and Ferdinand did nothing to help with the confidence.

I am hoping for a draw tomorrow, lots of injuries and red cards. :D

• Advertisement

I can't see United catching up to be honest. I think it will be a 2 horse race with Liverpool and Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Hate saying game of two halves, but I don't think it's ever been more applicable than today. Everton came flying out of the traps in the second half, and it took United by surprise after dominating the first. Draw is a fair result.

I'm not sure if it's a consolation that one of Liverpool or Chelsea (or both) have to drop points tomorrow, or more of a chance missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

cant beleave the diffrence in the two halfs sickened we dropped two points but everton did play well.

will have to pray hard chelsea dont get a result tomorrow.

why ronaldo went for the near post is beyond me and the same with berba's shot in the first half.

Ronaldo despretly needs a goal.

That pass from anderson to ronaldo was quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

hunter164 wrote: »
    I can't see United catching up to be honest. I think it will be a 2 horse race with Liverpool and Chelsea.

lol no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

lol

Writing off Man Utd usually comes back to haunt people

Bill wrote: »
    Fcuking gutted by that result , typical, yet another away game after the CL midweek and crap performance.

Ronaldo is playing like a plank, but to those who dare say he is done STFU!!

He isnt fit yet, and hasnt regained his spark , but it will come!
    Are you telling me to STFU? Who are you to tell me that? In my opinion he's finished but I'm sure your uneducated barstooler opinion is more highly regarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

It turned in to a great scrap when it never should have - not after we got the goal.
    Our midfield just lacked that bit extra to strangle the game. I think we should have created more in the first half. Giggs and Fletch are playing well by their standards but we're really suffering without Scholes.

lol no
    Lol yes.

Cristiano Ronaldo is finished

Man Utd out of the title race

right, time to to stop noticing you exist

• Advertisement

I personally think ronaldo is back to full fitness he just isnt finding the back of the net and it looks like the pressure of having to repeat last seasons preformance is getting to him.

still he is hardly done but he is being as wasteful as nani the last few games and taking silly shots he is never going score from.

hopfully a goal or two will set him right.

Unearthly wrote: »
    lol

We'll see won't we??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Bill wrote: »
    I am hoping for a draw tomorrow, lots of injuries and red cards. :D

That's really low...as much as I dislike teams I wouldn't wish injury on them.

Cristiano Ronaldo is finished

Man Utd out of the title race

right, time to to stop noticing you exist
    Right Unearthly come back to me at the end of the season when Ronaldo is on the bench, and Chelsea and Liverpool are fighting it out for the title.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

A series of ineffective substitutions. Utd. went at it with a very attacking team for the last 20 minutes. Everyone gung ho to get it up front and then nobody there to make a final pass all too many times. Everton did well there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

SantryRed wrote: »
    Chelsea to run away with the Premiership so.

You mean the Brazilian footballing style Chelsea ?:pac:
    Chelsea are overrated this season,their brand of football hasnt changed much from last season,still uneasy on the eye.
    Wont be much Samba football on show tomorrow I guarantee you that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Sack Fergie, sell Giggs:rolleyes:

You mean the Brazilian footballing style Chelsea ?:pac:
    Chelsea are overrated this season,their brand of football hasnt changed much from last season,still uneasy on the eye.
    Top of the table though.

why ronaldo went for the near post is beyond me
    He was copying Rooney's technique :D
    That pass from anderson to ronaldo was quality.
    Anderson is quality I'd like to see him play more even if just on the wing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Right Unearthly come back to me at the end of the season when Ronaldo is on the bench, and Chelsea and Liverpool are fighting it out for the title.

Don't feed the troll lads.

Expect a pm of smugness from me in May buddy!:pac:

• Advertisement

Also don't forget to save the quote!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

You write off United at your own risk! They are only 5 points behind.

RasTa wrote: »
    Don't feed the troll lads.
    I wasn't speaking to you.

Its the end of the world as we know it:(

We'll see. :D Also don't call me buddy, I'm not your buddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

lol

Agreed. Many a retard over the last 15 years has made that mistake!

I wasn't speaking to you.

I wasn't either.

Hunter in fairness its October, long way to go yet. Reel in the negative vibes a bit

Making comments about me is an indirect way of speaking to me so yes you were.

Are you telling me to STFU? Who are you to tell me that? In my opinion he's finished but I'm sure your uneducated barstooler opinion is more highly regarded.
    Jebus, Sorry I didnt no you were so sensitive whoever you are, my apologies .

• Advertisement

emc2 wrote: »
    That's really low...as much as I dislike teams I wouldn't wish injury on them.
    Heat of the moment and anger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Also writing off Ronaldo is really stupid.

A series of ineffective substitutions. Utd. went at it with a very attacking team for the last 20 minutes. Everyone gung ho to get it up front and then nobody there to make a final pass all too many times. Everton did well there.

I think Fergies subs worked well enough. Towards the end Utd had corners, free kicks in good positions and break aways. Got the ball into the box and had some decent goal scoring opportunities. Fair enough not that many but it was a vast improvement on the way the game had been going. IMO we really gave ourselves a platform from which to nick a goal.

Truth is, though, we should never have been in that position. Should have killed the game off in the first half.

Also writiing off Ronaldo is really stupid.
    Let them off its at their own peril :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Pro. F wrote: »
    I think Fergies subs worked well enough. Towards the end Utd had corners, free kicks in good positions and break aways. Got the ball into the box and had some decent goal scoring opportunities. Fair enough not that many but it was a vast improvement on the way the game had been going. IMO we really gave ourselves a platform from which to nick a goal.

Truth is, though, we should never have been in that position. Should have killed the game off in the first half.

They forced a lot of ball into Everton's half alright. Sometimes that can just lead to crowding. I also tend to despair when I see Nani coming on, particularly in a tight match where we could have gone and nicked a goal on a luckier day.

Anyone thoughts on MOTM?

anyone know where I can buy a hull jersey :p

united to win the league chelsea to get relegated and spurs to make top four.

anyone know where I can buy a hull jersey :p

united to win the league chelsea to get relegated and spurs to make top four.
    Have you just taken some aciiiiiiiiiid? LOL

lol sorry the madness of this thread and the dissapointment at the result got to me.

It made me Lol so all good :).

• Advertisement

They forced a lot of ball into Everton's half alright. Sometimes that can just lead to crowding.
    I know exactly what you mean. I get well annoyed some times when we just keep loading up the box when we're chasing games towards the end. But, tbh, I thought we did it the right way today. That's just me.

Advertisement