Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Matchday 8...

• 25-10-2008 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭

Saturday, October 25, 2008
    19:00 UK Osasuna v Real Betis
    21:00 UK Barcelona v Almeria

Sunday, October 26, 2008
    16:00 UK Getafe v Valladolid
    15:00 UK Mallorca v Espanyol
    15:00 UK Numancia v Racing Santander
    15:00 UK Recreativo Huelva v Valencia
    16:00 UK Sevilla FC v Málaga
    15:00 UK Deportivo La Coruña v Sporting Gijon
    17:00 UK Villarreal v Atlético Madrid
    19:00 UK Real Madrid v Athletic Bilbao

After Real Betis got a solid 2 goal win over Osasuna, Barca are playing Almeria at the Camp Nou.

Etoo put the team 1 up after 4 minutes. He has been so good this season, pity David Villa is outshining him. All in all, Barca are looking pretty impressive, Xavi is a monsterrrr!

Edit : 2-0, Henry with a tap in after Messi refusing to give up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

3-0..

Xavi is the best midfielder in the world.

Etoo with his second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

3-0 Barca. They look awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

4-0. How many can they get? I think they could make double figures here.
    Eto'o hat-trick

4-0

24 minute hat-trick for Etoo. Messi with 2 assists so far. I want him to score though, need him to be unquestionably be the best player in the world this time next year. :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Its only the 24th minute :eek: hope many more goals to come.

• Advertisement

32 goals in 8.33 games... :pac:

Negredo sees red.

That was a horrible tackle its all going downhill for Almeria.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

sweet goal. keeper shouldve saved it though

alves with a free from about 25-30 yards

It's just so beautiful when it all clicks.... Messi wrongly called offside.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The perennial question..

Would Barca trade a reliable defence that pundits waffle about for the last 10 games attack-wise?

I wouldn't.:D

• Advertisement

Barca never have an excellent defense, even though I do think that the current defense is more than adequate. They have always had the philosophy of possession being the main form of defense. We are looking more and more like the team in 05/06. Perhaps even the form team in Europe atm.

On an unrelated note, Messi was disappointing tonight, two assists but other than that he kinda disappeared and was a little lack lustre. Pick it up boy... :pac: On the other hand, Xavi, Iniesta and Abidal (YES Abidal) were all immense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

i just love watching iniesta... his run for the first etoo goal is not something you can coach!

i know iniesta is getting more and more credit, but compared to the oikes of messi, etoo etc he gets very little. he's quality!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

What a f*cking game. Atletico went 2-0 up against Villareal, but collapsed in the 2nd half, Beeyareal are now winning 4-2. Senna really is the best defensive midfielder in the world!

Rossi, Llorente, Senna, Gonzalo, Simao and Forlan scoring!

Gotta love big 4 clashes in La Liga!

David Villa scored AGAIN in Valencia's draw against Recre.

****!

4-3 thanks to Simao.

HAHAHAHA NOW IT'S 4-4!!! Garcia knocking it in.

EDIT- oh my god, Atletico nearly scoring...

How good is La Liga this season!

Come on Atletico!! :P I need Villareal to drop points.

What a match 4-4 and still time left for Atletico to score

Atletico, 5 shots on target, 4 goals. And they only have 10 men on the pitch!

4-4 final score.

Barca are in 2nd place in the Liga now. 1 point behind Valencia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Valencia let me down in the pocket tonight but what a night of football its been so far!

2-2 In the Madrid V Bilbao match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

~Marky~ wrote: »
    2-2 In the Madrid V Bilbao match

Finished 3-2 to Madrid. Higuain got 2 and Sneijder got the other. On the balance of play, Madrid deserved it but the ref had a bit of a shocker. Marcelo could/should have been sent off in the first half for a rash tackle on Etxeberria but escaped with a yellow. Then in the second half, Pepe should definitely have been given a second yellow for 1)kicking the ball at the Athletic player on the ground and 2)the most pathetic attempt at trying to get a player sent off since Rivaldo at the 2002 World Cup. In the end, it was Amorbieta that saw red for Athletic, very harshly imo.

Barça are looking very good at the moment though, which I'm delighted to see. I could actually just watch Iniesta play for hours on end. Of course, they would have to wait until I'd left the city before they started playing well again!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Two really entertaining matches last night. Can't believe Villareal threw that game away.

Also, the reffing in the Real match was terrible. Bad peno, "offside" goals not given, ridiculous consistency in bookings as well. That's two weeks in a row that the reffing in a Real match has been poor...and they've won both times.

I won't be surprised if Schuster is complaining about that Catalan ref again this morning.

Advertisement