Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotbir and missing channels

Options
  • 19-03-2005 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

HI everyone I wonder if any of you could give me some advice.

My mother is Polish and I bought her a satellite so she can watch Polish TV.

However I am missing Polstar 1 or 2 and other channels too. Both channels are listed as free in the menu, but I get no pic, even no message saying that the signal is weak.

Since the current box has come back from repair I can not get one of the Polonia channels either

Their are other channels whichh are missing too

Any ideas anyone

While I am here, How do I get Astra on the same dish?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Ulsterman 1690

Missing channels can be caused by any of the following

The channel having closed down/changed frequency (check SatcoDX or Lyngsat for info)

Faulty LNB
    Poor dish alignment
    Dish not big enough (70cm or more needed for Hotbird in the British Isles)
    partial obstruction of line of sight to dish (e.g. from trees)
    damaged/waterlogged/poor quality cable
    Heavy rainfall

Hotbird is at 13 degrees East Astra 1 (German) is at 19 deg East and Astra 2 (British) is at 28 degrees east to recieve more than one satellite you can try any of the following
    1) Additional dishes for each satellite
    2) Additional LNB's on the same dish using a special multi LNB mount and a switch to change between them
    3) Rotatable (motorised) dish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mark one

Thanks

the dish is 90cm

There is nothing obstructing the line of sight

Poor dish alignment, well that is possible, i found setting the dish to Hotbird v hard, a fraction of a cm and the signal was lost

Cable is fine.

Polstar is obviously there, I get a signal quality of 67% but picture quality of 0% for some reason. TV Polonia, ITV, TVN Style among others are crystal clear.

Looping to an older analogue receiver I can get TVP and TV4 off the same dish

But looking HERE I can not get several other channels that I should be able to on Hotbird TV4, 4 Fun TV, Polstar, TMT and a couple of others.

Some like TV4, 4 Fun TV are not even listed in the menu of available stations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

At the moment there are 2 frequencies carrying Polsat channels on Hotbird.
    One frequency has a very low symbol rate of something like 6200.
    This makes it very difficult to get when your as far off as Ireland, unless your receiver and LNB are particularly good at thier job.

There is also another frequency with a lower symbol rate and is easier to receive.
    This fluctuates between FTA and scrambled but at this time they are listed on www.kingofsat.net as being "Temporarily free to air TV channels", so it's a case of catch them while you can. You may however be able to subscribe to them.

Hotbird 6 (13.0E) - 11158.00 V - DVB/MPEG2 - 27500 3/4 - NID: 113 - TID: 13200 - Txp: 132 - Beam: Europe - Polsat

You will be able to receive this, but perhaps not for free, for long.

Thanks for your answer but has anyone any ideas why I can not get Polish TV4 on HOtbird

Also although TVN is listed as transmitting on PAL only HERE it is listed as available free on the digital system and the system info it tells me it has a strong signal and good pic quality, yet I have no picture or sound. This is on channel 200 (don't know if all receivers are the same).

Then there is a channel called TV Siedem (7) on 201. just like TVN its pic and signal strength is good, its listed as free yet no sound or pic or even a message appears ob screen.

Any advice and help appreciated.

Please note I am a novice with satellites

Do I need to upgrade my LNB?

I am near Manchester UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

According to satcodx, TVN (Poland) is encrypted on 11.408, V, 27500, 3/4 in digital. I did a scan and can confirm this. TV Siedem is also encrypted. TVN Style on the same transponder is clear.
    Satcodx also has TVN in analogue (PAL) clear on 11.489, V.
    http://www.satcodx1.com/0130/uke/

Similarly TV4 on digital is encrypted, clear on analogue.

• Advertisement

Thanks.

Do you know who I would have to pay to get these channels and how much? I do not have a card reader but guess I can get an addition.

Does anyone know what happened to Polonia 1, ITV is on where Polonia 1 used to be.

If you look at the Lyngsat listings, it prodvides the URLs for the channel providers (tvn.pl, tvn24.pl etc) so presumably they have subscription info there.
    http://www.lyngsat.com/hotbird.html

These are the free Polish language channels currently on Hotbird (R - radio, T - Television).

|T|Freq |P|Name ||SR |FEC|
    +-+
    +-+
    ++
    +---+
    |T|10.719|V|4funTV ||27500|3/4|
    |T|10.719|V|Telewizj||27500|3/4|
    |R|10.719|V|Eurospor||27500|3/4|
    |R|11.283|V|Test ||27500|3/4|
    |T|11.408|V|Mango 24||27500|3/4|
    |T|11.408|V|TVN Styl||27500|3/4|

|T|11.513|H|TV Polon||27500|3/4|
    |T|11.513|H|Tele5 ||27500|3/4|
    |T|11.513|H|Polonia ||27500|3/4|
    |T|11.513|H|ITV ||27500|3/4|
    |T|11.585|V|Podroze ||27500|3/4|
    |T|11.604|H|Viva Pol||27500|5/6|
    |T|12.322|H|TV Niepo||27500|3/4|
    |T|12.322|H|Zdrowie ||27500|3/4|
    |T|12.360|H|Zdrowie ||27500|3/4|
    |R|12.360|H|Jedynka-||27500|3/4|
    |R|12.360|H|Trojka-P||27500|3/4|
    |R|12.360|H|Radio Po||27500|3/4|

Thanks for your reply and your list of channels.

I still have a couple missing from your list but I got a new LNB and I can now get both free Polsat channels and will need to look for the ones I am missing.

Ta again

Advertisement