Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Engagement Ring

Options
  • 09-10-2015 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I have an engagement ring that I bought for approximately €2,000 in Victoria's Antiques in Cork 15 years ago. I don't have a receipt so I'm just looking for advice on what the best approach would be for selling it - back to a jewellers \ antique shop.

Thanks in advance,
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Hi all,

I have an engagement ring that I bought for approximately €2,000 in Victoria's Antiques in Cork 15 years ago. I don't have a receipt so I'm just looking for advice on what the best approach would be for selling it - back to a jewellers \ antique shop.

Thanks in advance,
    Alan

An auction might be a better bet. O'Reilly's of Francis Street or John Weldon of Temple Bar would be good places to check-out.

http://collectireland.com/auctions-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Johnboy177

Auction is best -put it in O'Reillys or Adams in November -good chance of getting rid of it.Be realistic on price though and remember they charge a fair bit

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gavkeegan

You could try Bespoke Diamonds on Kildare St if you don't want to go through the auction process. That's where I bought my wife's engagement ring, and I got really great value compared to the highstreet. That's because they don't have a lot of the costs that highstreet jewellers do, such as higher rent, more security, and larger amounts of stock. Bespoke Diamonds do have a comprehensive range of options to choose from, but they have an emphasis on bespoke (or custom-made) rings, which means that they don't have to hold everything in their office all the time. All told, they are more competitive than the highstreet for someone buying a ring. And so that's why I think they would be more competitive than the highstreet for someone selling a ring. I'd recommend making an appointment with their office on Kildare St anyway.

Advertisement