Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitarist available

Options
  • 07-02-2010 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I'm looking for a covers band in Dublin and surrounding areas.I have connections in Galway so that would be cool as well.
    A bit about me;
    I've been playing over 20 years (i'm 28,10 years gigging experience on and off) and new to the Dublin area.I play rock mainly(GnR,Bon Jovi,ACDC,Lizzy,Journey) but have been getting into blues-rock lately(Bonamassa).I'm playing through quality gear and have my own transport.I can read music and good with theory but pretty much irrelevant for a covers band!

I'm up for any style of music and willing to travel as long as it leads to something regular.Ideally i'd like to be playing every night but these days that doesn't seem likely.Also i'd be ok with jamming/startups as I just enjoy playing music as i'm sure everyone here does.

Basically i'm looking to network and meet like-minded people.I'd consider anything at the moment,just want to get out playing again!
    Cheers
    Alnico II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 alnicoll

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 rhaizahhh

would you, by any chance know how to play the rhythm of these songs here? i don't mean to be a bit too forward but i just need someone who can play these for me. i'm the singer and i have a lead guitarist but my other guitarist cannot do sunday sessions. suggestions for additional songs will be accepted. (sunday gigs and maybe mondays)

1. Killing me softly - fugees
    2. Fast car - Tracy chapman
    3. I'm yours - Jason mraz
    4. Back to black-Amy winehouse
    5. Chasing pavements - Adele
    6. Say a little prayer - diana king
    7. Man in the mirror - Michael Jackson or James morisson
    8. I try - Macy gray
    9. Angel - Robbie williams
    10. Shut up and let me go- the tingtings
    11. Give me one reason- Tracy chapman
    12. Let I rain - Amanda marshal
    13. You got the love - (search in YouTube, accustic version)
    14. One -Bono and Mary j blidge
    15. The first cut is the deepest-Sheryl crow
    16. Hand in my packet - alanis morriset
    17. Balck horse and a cherry tree- KT Tunstall
    18. Have you ever seen the rain -(country)
    19. Heaven

II
    . Empire state of mind (new York )- Alecia keys
    2. Fever- Peggy lee
    3. What's up - 4 non blondies
    4. Mac the knife
    5. Just dance- lady gaga
    6. Sexy thing- hot chocolate
    7. One way or another-blondie
    8. I love rock and roll
    9. You shook me all night long -ac dc
    10. Eye of the tiger - survivor
    11. Living on a prayer- Bon jovi
    12. Back in black - ac dc
    Or
    Its a long way to the top - ac dc
    13. Don't stop believing - journey
    14.proud Mary -Tina turner
    15. Simply the best - Tina turner
    16. Please don't stop the music - rihhana

PM'd

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bassist.needed

We're a thin lizzy tribute band looking for a bassist to complete the line up and get out gigging and earning again asap. Own gear, transport, rehearsal room and sets ready to go- just need bassist. If you're interested give us a shout. Also working on originals but if thats not your thing no prob- we're primarily concerned with covers and paying gigs

Cheers,
    Chris

• Advertisement

Bummp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Moved to Musicians Wanted/Needed Forum. Please read the charter before posting again.

Advertisement