Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE PLAYER

Options
  • 28-10-2013 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Im trying to watch love/hate on the RTE player.
    an ad comes on for 4 seconds and then it freezes. is it working for anyone else?

sorry for making a new thread but didn't want to click into the love hate thread incase i ruined it for myself :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Working fine for me!
    try www.rte.ie/playerxl or open it in another browser like IE or Firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

mackeire wrote: »
    Im trying to watch love/hate on the RTE player.
    an ad comes on for 4 seconds and then it freezes. is it working for anyone else?

sorry for making a new thread but didn't want to click into the love hate thread incase i ruined it for myself :pac:

Know how you feel I'm trying to watch it now, that poxy super valu ad keeps playing on a loop. Stick your pork belly up your hoop

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭gerogerigegege

anyone else notice the increase in ads on this player?

initially it was 2 then 3 now up to 4....when will it end !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

anyone else notice the increase in ads on this player?

initially it was 2 then 3 now up to 4....when will it end !

I got sick of them and switched it off the other night. There is too much. Two would be enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

anyone else notice the increase in ads on this player? initially it was 2 then 3 now up to 4....when will it end !

Yeah I posted about this a while back... If you want to push ahead to the end of the program, they force you to watch all of the adverts that would have been played throughout the whole show....

I also found that a lot of the time the player would crash during the hand off from the adverts to the show, which meant you had to watch all the ads again....

In my opinion the player is a waste of time..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I disagree, I think the player is great and I watch it alot more than I watch RTE on TV.

The ads are annoying all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭horse7

I don't watch it any more due to the adds.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

I don't watch rte at all but when I hear about some show that was on I try to watch it on the rte player. Not sure if it's just me but most of the time I get sound and no picture after watching all the ads. Then when I restart the programme, watch all the ads again, the picture is out of sync with the sound. Even when I get a picture it's not great even though it says HD in the corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Works great for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

illegal streams work a lot better than rte player for sports. free tv sites work better for drama. don't see the need for such an unreliable ad riddled player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Rte player doesn't work great with cheap android devices or smart TV's.

And afaik RTE haven't developed an app for the latest smart Tv's.

If I want something from the player, I have to use the laptop or a Samsung tablet, it doesn't work on my android tv box or smart tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭satguy

Playing in HD,,,, LOL

It's not that great,,and where is all the money gone, €4 per week from every home in the land, What are those wasters doing with it.

satguy wrote: »
    Playing in HD,,,, LOL

It's not that great,,and where is all the money gone, €4 per week from every home in the land, What are those wasters doing with it.

It's hard to fault. it's a pretty good and reliable service.

Some people like to complain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Dubwat

'The Guards' programme seemed to get good reviews so I thought I'd watch it after the event.

Slightly frustrated as I was going to record the inevitable repeat of 'The Guards' but I can't find it in my newspaper's 7-day TV guide.

So I thought I'd give the RTE player a try but, apparently, you need flash installed to watch programmes. I thought general advice was to avoid flash on your computer?

Dubwat wrote: »
    'The Guards' programme seemed to get good reviews so I thought I'd watch it after the event.

Slightly frustrated as I was going to record the inevitable repeat of 'The Guards' but I can't find it in my newspaper's 7-day TV guide.

So I thought I'd give the RTE player a try but, apparently, you need flash installed to watch programmes. I thought general advice was to avoid flash on your computer?

Flash is on the way out, but it's still widely used. Install it, as it won't do anything to deter your experience on the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,297 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Dubwat wrote: »

It's repeated on Saturday night at 11.20 on RTÉ2.

Advertisement