Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Nostalgia, you lose - *Don't Quote the pictures!*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Custardpi wrote: »
    Not sure if this comes under nostalgia as I haven't been in a school in yonks but I imagine this stuff isn't used anymore. Went through tons of it in geography class.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f7/Carbon_paper.jpg

Had to explain to someone recently what CC meant on an email, then had to explain what carbon paper was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Clareman wrote: »
    Had to explain to someone recently what CC meant on an email, then had to explain what carbon paper was

Just tell them it was the reason why you weren't allowed to do your lines in black pen and just see the blank stare you get back...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

quake1.jpeg

For a while my brother had his own office in dublin. It was basically 2 rooms split by an archway. It had 2 PC's linked together by network cable. I used to go in of an evening and kick his ass in Quake.

It was by far the greatest moments I spent with my brother...It was glorius!

:'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

ulysses-31.jpg

screenshot5.png

51lu9FSrzzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

the-goonies.jpg

reebok-pump-omni-dee-brown-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

metalmickey.jpg

metal_mickey_do_the_funky_robot_mickeypops.jpg

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsL1rSvELymqAwKOpklTy7n31uYmYI0UA5tdMdxgFxLeu1Kgwo

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6_38Br0vYOkS96x-j-bX94I8Btas9Whq9405462gpqAqb2LqrSA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlL_EVCRH8zDDYpdW5eCZJh2dARTV_01EdcpWAH_1Cn560n5momQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWuSefJdZh1Beclit9TbHvGK2gbYjDKV-SlMfOTvw5Lr57iBm0QA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSngRapWoWBZp77iJw4t3YIrQ7RVNzWxVoeDW_LtpmcfNii46ObpA
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-tSX6srNzwZYeGkwqbnn0QPPyeV9IGR1oBypr8pD-QE_kfxYviw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeOgRDNV0nZ1hmsoClPHaS12W5Jai-Z4UxK1RL_7LSpZ0YhZpC

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZIl1rcKNMCOCwv1VTfCcDWvWDpdHG-UynRM6YKIJce5hNwZcYgQ

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The man, the myth, the legend........
    0ed6cf9a-31c2-4d4a-ae6a-7ffdcd018c2e.jpg

Only just realised you don't see him around these days.

SNES%20box%201.jpg

mark1-sonic-box.jpg

nintendo-gameboy-box.jpg?w=409&h=306

HConsole1Box.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ What a Christmas that was. I got a SNES and a buddy got a megadrive. StreetFighter and Sonic almost nonstop for the entire Christmas hols. AWESOME

gimmick wrote: »
    ^ What a Christmas that was. I got a SNES and a buddy got a megadrive. StreetFighter and Sonic almost nonstop for the entire Christmas hols. AWESOME

I love opening a new console, even nowadays, unwrapping everything, the smell of it, awww yeah thats the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Still have the Snes and Gameboy boxes, surprisingly in great condition too. That TV / AV adapter is still in it's wrapping and the inside of the box still has that "new" smell.

A quick sniff and I'm back in 1992 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I cant remember the opening of the snes so I reckon my bro must have opened it but ill never forget the N64 oh god that was awesome even the horrible squeek of the stirofoam couldnt do anything,ill say one thing about my parents who lacked money they never let us down at xmas :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

krudler wrote: »
    I love opening a new console, even nowadays, unwrapping everything, the smell of it, awww yeah thats the stuff.

I still remember the excitement of getting the Megadrive. I genuinely don't think I'll ever experience that again - I wonder if kids these days get that, I know I had to anticipate it for so long.

Sleepless nights at Xmas waiting on the Snes and then the ps1 a little older. That wait was horrid but worth it every time. Remember Wipeout with Firestarter blaring going around those corners, ****ing quality. A year or so after that, the shock of Resident Evil 1, you just wont get experiences like that again! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29 nunchuks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That SNES box, my god that brings back memories. I remember getting mine, it was the last xmas i spent at home instead of going to the pub from then on. I was 11 or 12, the mother waited until everyone else had gone up for pints before bringing it out and surprising me with it at about 8pm on christmas eve. I was so pee'd off that everyone was gone to the pub but me, and when she brought out the box, wrapped, i genuinely didn't know what it was. It took me about 30 seconds to get it out of the box and hooked up to the tv, and it was SMB All Stars until about 3am, and the whole of the following day.

Then, in '96, i was with mam in town when she bought me the PS1. Just had to sit through a haircut and i was on my way home to play Destruction Derby 2 and Tomb Raider 2 for the whole of christmas eve until i was back in school in January. But, on the way home a thunderstorm started. Grand, it's ok. Got home, unpacked slowly to savour it. EVerything hooked up, pushed the on button. Got the first millisecond of that beautiful sound and---black screen. Electricity gone. Didn't come back for 6 days... What a long christmas that was.

I'm off to listen to the PS1 start-up now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

For a while my brother had his own office in dublin. It was basically 2 rooms split by an archway. It had 2 PC's linked together by network cable. I used to go in of an evening and kick his ass in Quake.

It was by far the greatest moments I spent with my brother...It was glorius!

:'(

Of course you didn't pick any of those entrances. You went for the one under the water. Who's with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Copying this over from the videos thread, it encompasses nostalgia for me:

Mr Blobby On Big Fat Quiz Of The 90's (Dailymotion)... most I've laughed in a LONG time!

tumblr_mau9icntZy1r4mym1o1_500.gif

(not on Youtube due to 4OD / Channel 4 copyrights)

CMpunked wrote: »
    Copying this over from the videos thread, it encompasses nostalgia for me:

Don't quote pics!

That was ****ing brilliant

that was hilarious, Jack Whitehall clearly not a fan lol

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

all that talk of mr blobby...

cbmug.jpg

Advertisement