Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player

Options
  • 01-05-2012 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Why is the Champions League not on RTE player ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I'd guess they don't have the internet streaming rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

p wrote: »
    I'd guess they don't have the internet streaming rights.

Possibly - but I don't mean live , I mean after the match is over as with the Magners leagues and such in rugby .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

marienbad wrote: »
    Possibly - but I don't mean live , I mean after the match is over as with the Magners leagues and such in rugby .
    This would still require a separate set of rights bought.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The real answer is simple: UEFA have kept the rights for themselves, and charge you €1.99 a game to watch the matches after the final whistle has blown.

http://video.uefa.com/video/vod/competitions/geoindex.html

RTÉ do provide a live stream of their own UEFA Champions League games while they are being broadcast, as they are required to do under their contract with UEFA. TV3 have similar arrangements. Setanta and Sky also offer their games online, Setanta on a pay-per-view basis, while Sky offer them as part of the Sky Go service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

icdg wrote: »
    The real answer is simple: UEFA have kept the rights for themselves, and charge you €1.99 a game to watch the matches after the final whistle has blown.

http://video.uefa.com/video/vod/competitions/geoindex.html

RTÉ do provide a live stream of their own UEFA Champions League games while they are being broadcast, as they are required to do under their contract with UEFA. TV3 have similar arrangements. Setanta and Sky also offer their games online, Setanta on a pay-per-view basis, while Sky offer them as part of the Sky Go service.

Ok , thanks for that, it is not so much for the game though -the lads in this house just prefer the Irish commentary and the 4 boyos on the panel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement