Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Train to Connolly - use M3 or Navan Road Parkway

• 03-12-2012 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Have to travel into Dublin tomorrow to the Point area & was going to take the train from Dunboyne to Connolly. I know there's usually buckets of parking in Dunboyne but am I reading the timetable right that I've to change train if I go from Dunboyne?

Is it more straightforward then to take the train from Navan road parkway? What's the parking like there? Can I just pay for parking on the day or do I need to pre-book?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Speedtrap

Parkway has plenty of parking ok. The Ashtown station opp the old racecourse has had a history with clampers in the past with "lambs to the slaughter" type of custmers who only use it once in a blue moon.(and often neveer again)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭babaracus

Doesn't the Dunboyne train go to the Docklands station? That is nearer to the Point than Connolly, maybe a 5-10 minute walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

babaracus wrote: »
    Doesn't the Dunboyne train go to the Docklands station? That is nearer to the Point than Connolly, maybe a 5-10 minute walk.

Most do but some go into Connolly. Either way, i'd park in M3 Parkway dunboyne as there are plenty of car spaces, and if the train goes to Docklands i'd walk from there. If it goes into Connolly id get the Luas from busaras to the point or walk out the back of the station through the car park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

OP, ultimately your decision is based on what time you're going in at. If it's morning or early evening, then go to Dunboyne or M3 and get the train direct to Docklands and walk.

Early evening trains from M3 also have the advantage of going non-stop to Docklands from Clonsilla, saving a few minutes on the journey compared to if they stopped at all stops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Coolmine always seems to have loads of spaces free and is three euro for the day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement