Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 NFL Playoffs Thread

• 04-01-2016 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

NFL-Divisional-Playoffs.jpg

Seeds

AFC:

1) Broncos
    2) Patriots
    3) Bengals
    4) Texans
    5) Chiefs
    6) Steelers

NFC:

1) Panthers
    2) Cardinals
    3) Vikings
    4) Redskins
    5) Packers
    6) Seahawks

Wildcard Weekend

Saturday 9th January:

Chiefs (-3) @ Texans - 9:35pm (ESPN/ABC)
    Steelers (-2.5) @ Bengals - 01:15am (CBS)

Sunday 10th January:

Seahawks (-5.5) @ Vikings - 6:05pm (NBC)
    Packers @ Redskins (-1.5) - 9:40pm (Fox)

Divisional Weekend

Saturday January 16th:

Highest AFC Seed @ Patriots - 9:35pm (CBS)
    Highest NFC Seed @ Cardinals - 01:15am (NBC)

Sunday January 17th:

Lowest NFC Seed @ Panthers - 6:05pm (Fox)
    Lowest AFC Seed @ Broncos - 9:40pm (CBS)

Conference Championships:

Sunday 24th January:

AFC Championship - 8:05pm (CBS)
    NFC Championship - 11:40pm (Fox)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Only the 4th time all season the Redskins have been favoured by the bookies in a game and its against Aaron Rodgers. Who would have thought it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Paully D wrote: »
    Sunday 10th January:

Vikings @ Seahawks (-5.5) - 6:05pm (NBC)

Not sure if you copied it from somewhere, but it's Seahawks @ Vikings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Morrison J wrote: »
    Only the 4th time all season the Redskins have been favoured by the bookies in a game and its against Aaron Rodgers. Who would have thought it.

Definitely think the Skins have a good chance against the Packers. But who knows how Cousins will fare under the pressure of the playoffs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Not sure if you copied it from somewhere, but it's Seahawks @ Vikings.

No, it was my mistake unfortunately. I'll fix it now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Chiefs v Texans is not as nailed on as some people seem to think. It is very possible that Smith could have a really tough day against the Texans' defensive line. I will be backing the upset in this game at the current odds (8/5).

I have had a hard-on for the Bengals all season, collected 200 quid on their divisional title, and this goes over 500 quid if they win the AFC. I find it difficult to favour them with AJ McCarron playing this weekend, however. That said, the Steelers don't really defend very well, so if the Bengals' secondary has a good game, I think they win. But it is tough to have a good game against the Steeler's passing attack. A real toss of a coin this one.

Seahawks should beat my team, the Vikings. I think it will be close, but ultimately Wilson has been playing lights out for over a month, and if he is close to that form, Minny are toast. Sherman and co will not have any concerns over our passing attack, so we need a massive game on the ground, and I think AP has dropped a level in the last few weeks. I can see Joseph, Barr and others play well enough on defence to keep it close, but I see us losing maybe 23-16 or something.

Washington v Green Bay is a funny game. It is tough to get excited about Washington, but the Packers' OL is absolutely terrible and I think Kerrigan, Preston Smith and others could have a field day. But in a playoff game in January, I would find it hard to favour a team led by Cousins over A-Rod, so I won't be having a bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I think Redskins beat the Packers. If Dalton was fit, I'd have the Bengals over the Steelers too.

Thinking:

Wildcard Weekend

Chiefs (-3) @ Texans - 9:35pm (ESPN/ABC)
    Steelers (-2.5) @ Bengals - 01:15am (CBS)

Seahawks (-5.5) @ Vikings - 6:05pm (NBC)
    Packers @ Redskins (-1.5) - 9:40pm (Fox)

Divisional Weekend

Chiefs @ Patriots - 9:35pm (CBS)
    Redskins @ Cardinals - 01:15am (NBC)

Seahawks @ Panthers - 6:05pm (Fox)
    Steelers @ Broncos - 9:40pm (CBS)

Conference Championships:

AFC Championship
    Patriots @ Broncos

NFC Championship
    Seahawks @ Cardinals

Super Bowl
    Patriots - Cardinals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

D9Male wrote: »
    Chiefs v Texans is not as nailed on as some people seem to think. It is very possible that Smith could have a really tough day against the Texans' defensive line. I will be backing the upset in this game at the current odds (8/5).
    I agree - having watched them closely while playing the Broncos twice this season and seen a few other games - I don't think the Chiefs are a particularly good team. I fancy the Texans to roll them over.
    I have had a hard-on for the Bengals all season, collected 200 quid on their divisional title, and this goes over 500 quid if they win the AFC. I find it difficult to favour them with AJ McCarron playing this weekend, however. That said, the Steelers don't really defend very well, so if the Bengals' secondary has a good game, I think they win. But it is tough to have a good game against the Steeler's passing attack. A real toss of a coin this one.
    I agree that this could go either way. The Bengals are much more consistent but the loss of Dalton upsets things. The Steelers are blowing hot and cold - if hot they could win it - if cold I expect the Bengals to be far too strong.
    Seahawks should beat my team, the Vikings. I think it will be close, but ultimately Wilson has been playing lights out for over a month, and if he is close to that form, Minny are toast. Sherman and co will not have any concerns over our passing attack, so we need a massive game on the ground, and I think AP has dropped a level in the last few weeks. I can see Joseph, Barr and others play well enough on defence to keep it close, but I see us losing maybe 23-16 or something.
    I felt the Seahawks were coming into form a few weeks ago - but not so sure now. These are two good teams and I think this game will be the pick of wildcard weekend. I fancy Seattle but won't be surprised if it went the other way.
    Washington v Green Bay is a funny game. It is tough to get excited about Washington, but the Packers' OL is absolutely terrible and I think Kerrigan, Preston Smith and others could have a field day. But in a playoff game in January, I would find it hard to favour a team led by Cousins over A-Rod, so I won't be having a bet.
    The Packers should win this comfortably - but probably won't. They have been underwhelming for most of the season and Washington have been improving. I like seeing Washington becoming competitive again - they make the NFL more interesting.

I think your quick summary is pretty accurate. I am looking forward to the play-offs this year. There are a few teams that I think are equally matched and it is all to play for over the next month.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I should be more confident in the Steelers, but the defense just gives up too many yards and depends on turnovers.

Seven interceptions I think in the last four games on offense too. Bryant was benched against the Browns and one catch for six yards against Baltimore, I don't think Ben trusts him as much now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Fancy the Chiefs and Cardinals in their respective conferences. Maybe wishful thinking but I'd love to see Alex smith in the superbowl. I think the AFC is wide open.

Apart from the Texans all the teams have a good chance.

NFC, I think Arizona are a good bet. Seattle are a big danger but will have to go on the road to win it. Wouldn't write off Cam and co. but I'd fancy one of the other 2 above them at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Does NFL Game Pass(Ireland/UK) show the playoffs live or just replays?
    Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,392 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Does NFL Game Pass(Ireland/UK) show the playoffs live or just replays?
    Thanks in advance.

I think they are all blacked out because they are on Sky.
    That was the case last year and I don't think it has changed.

What I used to do was tell my tablet that it was in Belgium and once the game had loaded headed back to Ireland.
    You know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

They are blacked out this year again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I thought I would be in the minority suspecting that Cincy will pull off the upset. A home game against a divisional opponent with appalling numbers against the pass? Definitely "upset" material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Going for 4 road wins, but I wouldn't be too surprised if any go the other way.

Cold could be a significant factor at the University of Minnesota. The high is expected to be -17, while the low could be -22.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,392 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Going for 4 road wins, but I wouldn't be too surprised if any go the other way.

Cold could be a significant factor at the University of Minnesota. The high is expected to be -17, while the low could be -22.
    Weather should not be a factor for Seattle.

They are used of playing outdoors in "inclement" weather, not necessarily cold but certainly inclement.

It would be different for teams used of domes/roofs etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

Chiefs @ Texans
    Texans to Win

Packers @ Redskins
    Packers to Win

Steelers @ Bengals
    Steelers to Win

Seahawks @ Vikings
    Seahawks to Win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057544362

Little prediction game if anyone want's to take part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,336 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Right lads what time are we heading to holland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sportstar583

Chiefs @ Texans

Packers @ Redskins

Steelers
    @ Bengals

Seahawks @ Vikings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Chiefs @ Texans
    Packers @ Redskins
    Steelers @ Bengals
    Seahawks @ Vikings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Chiefs @ Texans

Packers @ Redskins

Steelers @ Bengals

Seahawks @ Vikings

Chiefs
    Packers
    Bengals
    Vikings (but the weather might be the wild card)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

One of the coldest games in NFL history expected in Minnesota on Sunday! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Lynch is out for the seahawks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I've changed my mind on the Steelers Bengals game about 10 times at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

With Beastmode out im leaning to Vikings.

Dave bakhtiari will travel with the packers and will be a game time decision according to NFL network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Vikings
    Steelers
    Packers
    Chiefs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Texans
    Redskins
    Bengals
    Vikings

Advertisement