Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25 is the new 18

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think the only reason young people aren't mature till mid 20s (in the western world) is because their let. You can be guaranteed a 14 year old street kid in a 3rd world country is plenty mature enough, simply out of necessity. Just like an 18 year old couple in the distant past would probably be well on their way to having their 2nd child by that age.

We're lucky in the west, we can have extended childhoods, in a way though I don't think they should be pandered too. I think one of the major reasons it takes so long is because we contain our children in a fantasy world of santa claus and superheros and it takes them a few years to recognise all those lies and readjust to the real world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

ScumLord wrote: »
    you can be guaranteed a 14 year old street kid in a 3rd world country is plenty mature enough, simply out of necessity.

And if you were to do a psychological assessment of the same, you'd more than likely fine umpteen behaviorally issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

It's not your age it's what you've done. My mum left school at 14 and started working. Married at 22. Kids. That was the norm then. People now go to school till they're 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Seaneh wrote: »
    ScumLord wrote: »
    ou can be guaranteed a 14 year old street kid in a 3rd world country is plenty mature enough, simply out of necessity.

And if you were to do a psychological assessment of the same, you'd more than likely fine umpteen behaviorally issues.
    More than likely, the streets would put them at the mercy of all kinds of horrible people. So lets say a kid working on the family farm in the country. Would have had to work from a young age but as part of a family unit. They would have big responsibilities with a good standard of living.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

SantryRed wrote: »
    OR you're a Buzz Killington...

With out sounding arrogant I think I can safely say with some degree of confidence that I'm not viewed as a buzz killer by people.
    I think it has something to do with my relaxed nature more so. People also comment on how chilled out I seem. If only they new!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    This is illegal. I think you have a neurological abnormality. See a therapist.

lol wat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I'm 31 and I still don't feel like a proper grown up, nor do I want too. Life isn't short at all, it's fcuking long. Plenty of time to be middle-aged and sensible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

SV wrote: »
    lol wat

Providing that you only feel like a child is OK but acting on that impulse with someone under 16 is against the law. You could expect to get your collar felt if the gardai find out. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    Providing that you only feel like a child is OK but acting on that impulse with someone under 16 is against the law. You could expect to get your collar felt if the gardai find out. :P

Ahhhhhhh god..right yeah, I get it now..that took me a surprisingly long time to get haha

Advertisement