Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chargers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

tripperman wrote: »
    Wouldn't want see harvin come to San Diego just to much hassle and never lived up to the hype or potential he has, Jeffery will command to much money if he tests FA, kearse could be the same in such a poor FA pool of wrs some one will over pay, not sure on sanu think he might stay in cinci,
    alot of talk about chargers looking at ole miss de that missed some games from some fall (don't know ins or out of it) but he has talent even more then bosa imo and looks a real handful,
    Braxton Miller is talked about as early second round pick or Michael Thomas for chargers both wrs, so interesting how there combine and pro days go, but I would rather dline oline and safety addressed early on in the draft

Anybody know Josh Gordon's status in Cleveland. He's a beast but too fond of the gargle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

Was looking at who's contracts are up this off-season, who would you'd bring back out of them, weddle, green, gates, Reyes, hariston, barksdale, Robinson, Clemens, Johnson, Matthews and troutman, the rest are just practice camp imo,
    I would try keep green and gates, possible barksdale as he was only consistent oline player all season, hariston not sure depends on draft planning I think, Reyes I'm not sure I expected alot more from him, Robinson may look for to much cash, weddle is gone,

Was looking at who's contracts are up this off-season, who would you'd bring back out of them, weddle, green, gates, Reyes, hariston, barksdale, Robinson, Clemens, Johnson, Matthews and troutman, the rest are just practice camp imo,
    I would try keep green and gates, possible barksdale as he was only consistent oline player all season, hariston not sure depends on draft planning I think, Reyes I'm not sure I expected alot more from him, Robinson may look for to much cash, weddle is gone,

First out the door for me would be Robinson, no way should he be back, even as back up. I'd also very quickly say bye to Trout, David Johnson (what a waste of a roster spot he was) and Reyes too.

I'd look to bring back Hairston (as back up), Barksdale (can be RT), Green (at team friendly deal only), Gates (again team friendly), Mathews (as back up). Clemens will prob be back too, imagine having his job wow. Weddle is as good as gone, would be looking for way too much anyway so bye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Lets be clear on which Robinson, Patrick definitely want to keep, Trevor no. I think Trevor is still under contract

Molly wrote: »
    Lets be clear on which Robinson, Patrick definitely want to keep, Trevor no. I think Trevor is still under contract

Sorry should have said Patrick

• Advertisement

Sorry should have said Patrick

I had assumed that. I don't think anyone wants next year's starting center to have been with the team last year ;)

Yeah lads assumed you meant Trevor, he needs to be gone yesterday. Patrick Robinson did OK. I think another team might offer him more than we are willing to though.

Kyle Posey has done some great breakdowns of players on BFTB. Ramsey, Buckner, Nkemdiche and Su'a Cravens so far.

Kyle Posey has done some great breakdowns of players on BFTB. Ramsey, Buckner, Nkemdiche and Su'a Cravens so far.

Yes been watching them with interest. Even though he is drooling over Ramsey I don't want him. If Bosa is there we take him, if he is not we take Tunsil. If neither are there I'd be looking to trade down and get Buckner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

I think i preferred last years format where he gave strength and weaknesses as it gave a better overall view of the prospect.
    Still some of the best player breakdowns you'll find

• Advertisement

Have been looking at them with great interest, seems to be big on Ramsey like myself, found myself watching alot of videos of these players on YouTube the last couple of weeks and I rank them in order of tunsil, Ramsey, bosa, Buckner, I think this draft could change around or after the combine, wouldn't be surprised if cowboys traded with titans to get there future qb ahead of the browns, and then we would get the pick of the top talents

I'm unsure how he doesn't have a role in one of the bigger sites to be honest. His analysis is outstanding. My preference is

Buckner
    Ramsey
    Bosa

Have been looking at them with great interest, seems to be big on Ramsey like myself, found myself watching alot of videos of these players on YouTube the last couple of weeks and I rank them in order of tunsil, Ramsey, bosa, Buckner, I think this draft could change around or after the combine, wouldn't be surprised if cowboys traded with titans to get there future qb ahead of the browns, and then we would get the pick of the top talents

The Cowboys can stay where they are and let Cleveland pick the wrong QB :)

I'd love to know right now which of the QBs they each see as the best.

My own opinion on drafting a QB in the first is if you don't have teams scrambling to trade up and get him then he probably isn't that safe a pick. The fact that there is no consensus no.1 QB would lead me to think they all have flaws

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Donald Butler released, can't say that comes as a surprise.

Such a promising player turned out to be a dud.

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Donald Butler released, can't say that comes as a surprise.

Such a promising player turned out to be a dud.

Was on the cards after how well manti and denzel performed in the last few games a great pairing for the future hopefully, still another young quality mlb might be added in the draft for injury cover,

Other news gates should be staying and talk of green also staying during the combine,

Any opinions on how some of the top talents done in the combine who might end up in San Diego, Ramsey for me was very good would help improve the secondary, Kenny Clark a dt could be a nice second round pick for the dline

Donald Brown, Kavell Connor and Chi Chi Ariguzo gone too.

Great to see the waste of space that Butler became as soon as he got paid being all over the media now, via Acee principally. The chancers like he and Gaither have to be kept out of the NFL. The more this happens (even if they got a decent payday) the more players will know you can't quit when the $ rolls in. Identifying them beforehand is now a truly valued skill, some teams appear to be better at this than others there is no doubt about it.

I hope he never plays another down in the NFL. He hopes the millions he robbed from the Chargers is enough to satisfy him for the rest of his life, perhaps it will be.

Joe Barksdale signed up for 4 more years. Very happy, hopefully numbers are fair. Getting Patrick Robinson would be good too. Would love Alex Mack but think he might be too pricey.

Happy to see barksdale resign played well last season, hopefully gates and green today, anyone seen any stories linking us to any Free agent's yet

• Advertisement

Bringing Barksdale back is important, we already have enough questions along the Oline. I'm just hoping that he keeps his performance going and that it wasn't just a contract year that made him play well.
    Patrick Robinson would be a good signing and allows us to get away from Flowers contract if he doesn't improve this year.
    Would love Mack but will probably cost too much. I think he's the Jags main priority and it makes sense to get Bortles a really experienced centre.
    Haven't listened to too many FA predictions, teams can go any direction that it's a complete guessing game.

What do people think about resigning Green? I'm conflicted as he's had 4 years in the league and is still a back up to Gates. He's a poor blocker so he's unlikely to see the field as Gates gets the passing plays. I think if he went to the saints he'd put up jimmy graham numbers but just don't know if we'll get the production out of him

I think Barksdale is a serviceable RT so glad he is back, hope it didn't cost too much.

Any of you guys listen to the lightning round podcast? the 2 lads have been touting Browns safety Tashaun Gipson to the Chargers big time for a long time. Other lads mentioned have been Ian Williams the NT in San Fran and William Hayes DE from Rams.

I'd like to see us go after WR Marvin Jones from Bengals. Others are talking up Travis Benjamin from the Browns who put up some decent numbers without a real QB.

I can't see Mack coming. Having said that I really want to see Trevor Robinson going so we are short a center or 2 there is no doubt.

Travis Benjamin coming to the chargers apparently. If he plays like he did last year that looks like a good signing. Good for returns also. Vasquez back would be good but not sure he is needed. He's too good for depth and I expect our guards to be better this year.

Travis Benjamin coming to the chargers apparently. If he plays lie he did last year that looks like a good signing. Good for returns also. Vasquez back would be good but not sure he is needed. He's too good for depth and I expect our guards to be better this year.

Hadn't seen that about Benjamin it's good news, seems Patrick Robinson could be going giants and eagles were supposed to be interested in him, no word on a deal for gates or green yet leaves me thinking they could be going

If the Benjamin rumours are true then that is an excellent pick up as it solves an area of need.

I think Vasquez would be an upgrade on our O-line but it's not really an area of need. We have Fluker, Franklin, Watt, Wiggins so signing him would mean we'd have to cut 2 of the mentioned guys which would result in a cap hit

If Giants get Jenkins they'd be out of the race for Robinson but the likelihood is that the price will shoot up once the first CB signing is announced.

I'd be shocked to see Gates go anywhere but SD. I think Green is gone

I agree on Vasquez, he's a luxury we can't afford. Having said that he's probably a better G than the 2 we expect to start i.e. Franklin and Fluker, but to expect either of them to backup is not realistic.

I like Benjamin but he's (in McGregor parlance) a midget. We also need a big fast wideout, perhaps he will come in the draft or perhaps McCoward will give Tyrell Williams a proper chance this yr.

Will be disappointed to see us lose Patrick Robinson........... but would love to see us lose Trevor Robinson. Can't believe he is still not gone/cut.

EDIT: Benjamin is a Charger, just confirmed by Gehlken.

Gates done too.

2 yr deal.

Decent first day. Wonder if we could be in play for Stefen Wisniewski the ex raider center. Mack looks like he is going to the falcons

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Wisniewski I think be great, at a much better price then Mack too.

Great to have Gates staying, disappointing that we're losing Green, always felt he could have been special.

• Advertisement

Brandon Mebane and Dwight Lowery added. Meh

Advertisement