Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipe for Potato and Brocolli soup

Options
  • 17-01-2016 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I find it impossible to choose recipes online as one sounds as good as the next. I usually end up abandoning plans of making something because I'm thinking "but what if there's a better recipe somewhere else, maybe I should hold out...."

Anyway, I thought I'd check if anyone here has a tried and tested recipe for a Brocolli and Potato soup? I had one in a fab cafe recently and I want to make it! It was on the creamy side of things.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I usually cheat and make a packet of Leak & Potato, throw in a handfull of frozen broccoli as it comes to the boil, simmer for five, and then, most important, crumble in a just boiled Rooster or Kerrs Pink.
    Waxy spuds are the invention of the devil........ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

I fry an onion in some butter and then add in 2 average sized potatoes and a large head of broccoli / pack of frozen and some chicken stock and seasoning. Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 25 minutes and then blend. You can add a tin of butter beans before blending for extra creaminess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭squonk

Highly's recipe sounds good! OP, the best thing to do is pick a recipe you like the sounds of and try it. It might end up a disaster or be the nicest soup you've ever had but you'll learn by trying a recipe what you like and dislike and what you can tyr to change the bits you dislike. Do it enough times and you'll be able to make soup in your sleep.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I make THIS one from the Souper Soup thread regularly, it's the favourite soup in our house - although I've never added the cream. If I haven't got a fresh head of broccoli I'll use a bag of frozen Green Isle florets - I think it's 450g.

Advertisement