Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indonesian Veg Main Course Dishes?

Options
  • 16-01-2016 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

I randomly stumbled across Indonesia's wiki page and would love to cook some local food. I am very well versed with Indian cooking and am average with Chinese so far and thats the sort of ingredients we keep at home as of now.

Does anyone have any suggestions which recipes are worth trying for snack or, preferably, main course in Indonesian cuisine? I would prefer vegetarian recipes as my better half does not eat meat/fish. Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Nasi Goreng is my favourite dish ever. It's basically Indonesian fried rice but has so much more flavour than any other type of fried rice that I've had. In restaurants, it's normally served with a fried egg on top, chicken satay skewers on the side and sometimes a few prawn crackers too.

I believe it traditionally has prawns and chicken in it but I'm sure there's a ton of recipes for vegetarian versions to be found online. I've recently become a vegetarian and it's on my list of dishes to replicate at home minus the meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sareer

Thank you! I will try that one then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

And don't forget the hot sauce, no food can be called Indonesian without hot sauce.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDLNu9gPUIpArcGQCDfSgP6S49u5vuIcUaoHSTfRbc5SiKwMOI

Advertisement