Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

chemical weapons in Syria being destroyed.

• 25-09-2013 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭

Came across this article earlier - Ireland has given 200K to a fund with the aim of destroying the chemical weapons they used on their civilians.

http://www.thejournal.ie/ireland-chemical-weapons-syria-1099006-Sep2013/

A lot of people on the thread are up in arms about the fact that we are donating this money because we're fairly broke ourselves. Personally, I think it's too small in comparison to the 100's of innocent civilians that were gassed and killed in their sleep, bombed out and made homeless. Others obviously disagree.

Opinions?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Well I feel much better about myself now for saving the planet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

I like it that Assad is getting a rap on the knuckles and being told to be a good boy in future. Is that what they call getting the benefit of the Probation Act? No point in illegal parking. Kill 100,000 and the world will find it worthwhile to forgive you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Who exactly are receiving the money? If the Syrian Government it proves to me that our government are completely retarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Isnt it ironic that western nations supplied Iraq with the capability to produce chemical weapons that killed so many. And why was nothing said when rebels used chemical weapons.

Glad to see Ireland giving money but really the western "powers" have different motives.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Who exactly are receiving the money? If the Syrian Government it proves to me that our government are completely retarded.

The UNSC are forming a body to dispose of the munitions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Isnt it ironic

doncha think.. a little tooo ironic

Advertisement