Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Describe a Perfect Day for You

• 24-09-2013 6:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭

Nothing too crazy like millionaire, living on a Yacht. A day which could conceivably take place tomorrow.

Here's mine.

Wake up at 7am and actually get out of bed. Sun rising, Fresh air.

Nobody home.

Go down to kitchen. Coffee is already in the pot. Pour myself a mug and sit out the back for a while reading Boards and Reddit on laptop.

Go upstairs. Shower, dressed. Clothes look well and I feel like a boss.

Walk to bus stop. Bus is just pulling up. Slight jog to door. Bus driver seems like he's in a good mood. €2.40 fare now reduced to €1.50. :D:rolleyes:

Sit upstairs. Top deck empty. Copy of Metro on a sit. Read it while listening to Bob Dylan.

Arrive in college. Lectures are interesting and I actually take notes. Maybe study in library afterwards. Nice weather = girls in summmer clothes. :cool:

Have a couple of pints with friends.

Catch a bus home. Watch Dexter on laptop.

Drift off to sleep.

If only....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,259 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Dean0088 wrote: »

If only....

Most of that doesn't seem too hard to achieve to be honest :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

If only....
    sounds like a fairly average day for me, with the exception of college (but I'll be starting new course in Oct so maybe then it will be bang on)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

One that doesn't feature Bono or Ronan Keating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Nothing too crazy like millionaire, living on a Yacht. A day which could conceivably take place tomorrow.

Here's mine.

Nobody home.

Go down to kitchen. Coffee is already in the pot. Pour myself a mug and sit out the back for a while reading Boards and Reddit on laptop.

Walk to bus stop. Bus is just pulling up. Slight jog to door. Bus driver seems like he's in a good mood. €2.40 fare now reduced to €1.50. :D:rolleyes:

Sit upstairs. Top deck empty. Copy of Metro on a sit. Read it while listening to Bob Dylan.

Arrive in college. Lectures are interesting and I actually take notes. Maybe study in library afterwards. Nice weather = girls in summmer clothes. :cool:

Drift off to sleep.

If only....

Remember to shoot me if my perfect day ever includes reading the Metro whilst on public transport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Lovely big fry up in the morning.

Loads of fancy ice cold beer.

Then down to the beach to do a 7 hour extreme bukkake marathon.

**** Yeah!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

3 words... Sh!t, Shower, Shave..

Good sh!t set's day up and ensures I don't have an itchy arse for the day:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Lovely big fry up in the morning.

Loads of fancy ice cold beer.

Then down to the beach to do a 7 hour extreme bukkake marathon.

**** Yeah!!!

Transmitting or receiving???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

chughes wrote: »
    Transmitting or receiving???

Receiving like a boss obviously. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Wake up late
    Get fed
    Shower
    Get laid
    Get a high five
    Win the lotto
    Buy a solid gold rocket car
    Get fed again
    Go to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Receiving like a boss obviously. :cool:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/banlist.php

Who let you back in ;) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Here's mine.

Nobody home.

Drift off to sleep.

If only....

Your perfect day includes getting up at 7, riding public transport, going to college, studying and watching the currently terrible show Dexter?

Eww.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I think there'd be questions raised if I woke up to an empty house with coffee waiting for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

1. Get head...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Wake up

Go back to sleep.

Repeat for 24 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

MugMugs wrote: »
    1. Get head...
    Wake up
    Blowjob
    Go back to sleep.

Repeat for 24 hours

Kingsize bed is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 theLegion

Have a 27 second long fart that changes note 4 times and causes the gf and the dog to leave the room...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Shels winning a match...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Wake up, hows yer father, breakfast on the balcony, walk the dog in the park, stop off for beer and long lunch. Home, shower, nap, outdoor cooking of meat and swimming pool, more beer, wine, whiskey, messy hows your father.

I might have room for icecream in there. Not sure.

All very doable of a weekend for me. Unfortunately the missues likes to ruin these plans with shopping trips and other unfortunate necessities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Sleeping - just sleeping all day. How wonderful that would be! Maybe I'd wake up for a while to watch a movie in peace and eat copious amounts of chocolate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

Wake up......get eaten out by my gorgeous and intellectual yet-to-be-found boyfriend....cum....not expected to 'return the favour'.....go back to sleep.....repeat.

<reminds self to put up ad on a dating website> :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

gorgeous and intellectual yet-to-be-found boyfriend....

hate to break it to ya..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Wake up......get eaten out by my gorgeous and intellectual yet-to-be-found boyfriend....cum....not expected to 'return the favour'.....go back to sleep.....repeat.

<reminds self to put up ad on a dating website> :P

Forget the ad, just pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

pharmaton wrote: »
    hate to break it to ya..

Oh please don't.....let me enjoy the fantasy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Saturdays are a great day! Wake up early, hope it's not raining out the sky is the limit!

MadsL wrote: »

Why am I there on the ban list??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

Warm sunny day- Pearl Jam playing an outdoor gig-without any drunken scangers ruining it & lots of good mates there. Then a few pints after - ideally with the band. Home to bed, ideally with Eddie Vedder :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭apollo8

Why am I there on the ban list??? :confused:
    Lol its an imposter check how its spelled

Now I'm more freaked out. Am I being stalked? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭apollo8

Now I'm more freaked out. Am I being stalked? :(
    Naw its just your username is common:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Holding a women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Being class for the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

Smoking fags without worrying about cancer, drinking beer without worrying about a hangover - eating crap without getting fat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

A perfect day within the limits of my actual life (and technically possible) would be one where I spend the whole day alone hiking in the wilderness in a foreign country, and then heading back to camp where food and a fine lass await me.

Yarrrr!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Lie in til about 11 when my future-currently-non-existent boyfriend brings me a breakfast in bed that consists of coffee, veggie sausages, scrambled egg, tomato and toast. After breakfast a bit of giggidy giggidy and lie chatting for a while.

Shower with some more giggidy giggidy before heading out to wander around Dublin city centre, particularly George's Street Arcade before going to Monty's of Katmandu for a gorgeous meal. Stone Roses in the Olympia to wrap up the evening before heading back to bed where he is rewarded with serious giggidy giggidy for making my day so amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Witchie wrote: »
    Lie in til about 11 when my future-currently-non-existent boyfriend brings me a breakfast in bed that consists of coffee, veggie sausages, scrambled egg, tomato and toast. After breakfast a bit of giggidy giggidy and lie chatting for a while.

Shower with some more giggidy giggidy before heading out to wander around Dublin city centre, particularly George's Street Arcade before going to Monty's of Katmandu for a gorgeous meal. Stone Roses in the Olympia to wrap up the evening before heading back to bed where he is rewarded with serious giggidy giggidy for making my day so amazing.

I also happen to love the Stone Roses and a bit of this giggidy giggidy you speak of.

Just sayin'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I also happen to love the Stone Roses and a bit of this giggidy giggidy you speak of.

Just sayin'

I now regret my intended comment of

"Witchie gets hit on in 5..........4..........3...........2.........1......."

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pundy

wake up late, step out the back and onto the beach in the sun, smoke a few joints, have some drink, sun-bathe, home for sex, a nap, head out for a night in some class nightclub where some 90's dance act have reformed for some cheesy fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭preston johnny

Spliff in one hand,can of beer in the other,getting a BJ from the GF and watching MOTD...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Up early with no hangover having had a good night's sleep before. Nice breakie with boiled eggs, toast, orange juice and a cup of tea with an exotic fruit salad.

The clothes I want to wear are clean and I'm lookin' good.

Massive long walk on the beach/in the countryside/through New York with good music in my ear, preferably an album I've wanted to hear for a long time.

Lovely coffee with a little biscuit on the side in the sun on a terrace.

Home for some ridin'.

Get changed and again, feelin' and lookin' good.

Dinner in a lovely restaurant with some red wine and the man I love.

Out to a bar with great music and a dancefloor with my mates.

Back to a house party for a load of debauchery and laughter for an all nighter with no annoying individuals who insist on playing their guitar and demanding silence from everyone while they drone on for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Wake up 1/2 hour before the missus to get have a **** into a sock.
    Have breakfast, then have a shower.
    Go downstairs and read the Irish Times that has been delivered to the door.
    Give the boy some sex education.
    Mope around doing odd jobs trying to calculate if a month has gone by since I last got it.
    Go to bed with lights off and rosary beads in hand hoping that OH will give herself to me.
    Fall asleep as I hear the sound of the spare room door closing.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Witchie wrote: »
    my future-currently-non-existent boyfriend brings me a breakfast in bed that consists of veggie sausages, tomato

You don't win boyfriends with salad.

Advertisement