Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acer Aspire 5750 Core i5 Laptop 8gb

• 28-11-2011 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Processor - Intel Core i5 2410M - 2.3 GHz
    RAM - 8 GB
    Hard Drive - 500 GB
    Operating System - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
    Optical Drive - DVD Rewriter
    Webcam - Integrated
    Warranty - 1 year warranty
    mine came to 660 when deleverd but i wasted 20 of that on the restore cds witch i could have maid from the app on the laptop other than that i did not get any other extras when your ordering deselect all the extras you wont relly nead them anyway unless you want a bag or such

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,924 ✭✭✭Soarer

Where would we order from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 donallips

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I nearly bought one of those a couple of months back in pcworld. 599 IIRC. They have a very similar one for 579 right now.

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/ACER-Aspire-5750-156andquot-Laptop/308012/301

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Very similar spec to the laptopsdirect one (6GB RAM rather than 8) from laptopsdirect.co.uk will work out around ~537 delivered. Delivery should be 9.99 gbp ontop of the purchase price.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_5750_1086987.html

Bought from them a few months back and delivered within a couple of days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

PC world one seems a better deal. Better processor and larger Hard drive for less than laptopsdirect? Ok it has 2GB less RAM but how often are you going to need that on this machine? You could upgrade afterwards yourself if you ever did anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭banchang

Bought one of these (the 8GB model) from laptopsdirect in July.

The laptop failed after 3 days. Replacement sent immediately, but E2E without a laptop for 10 days.

Replacement failed 6 weeks later (keyboard stopped working).

I don't know what service level they have with Acer, but after sending it back to Acer's repair shop in Northern Ireland, the repair status was they were 'waiting for a part' for a month, & it was only when it went past 31 days that they finally agreed to ship a new unit. Strange that the main Repair Centre doesn't have a spare keyboard for a current model in stock, & could not source one in over a month.

The moral of this story is, you would probably not be waiting that long if you dealt with a bricks & mortar - Acer Customer support is based in India & I won't bore you with the details but they were less than useless, & laptopsdirect washed their hands of me & insisted that going fwd I deal with Acer.

So if there are immaterial amounts between online & bricks & mortar, shop local !

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭cruizer22b

banchang wrote: »
    Bought one of these (the 8GB model) from laptopsdirect in July.

The laptop failed after 3 days. Replacement sent immediately, but E2E without a laptop for 10 days.

Replacement failed 6 weeks later (keyboard stopped working).

I don't know what service level they have with Acer, but after sending it back to Acer's repair shop in Northern Ireland, the repair status was they were 'waiting for a part' for a month, & it was only when it went past 31 days that they finally agreed to ship a new unit. Strange that the main Repair Centre doesn't have a spare keyboard for a current model in stock, & could not source one in over a month.

The moral of this story is, you would probably not be waiting that long if you dealt with a bricks & mortar - Acer Customer support is based in India & I won't bore you with the details but they were less than useless, & laptopsdirect washed their hands of me & insisted that going fwd I deal with Acer.

So if there are immaterial amounts between online & bricks & mortar, shop local !

Same happend me with that place up North. Took 2 months or more to get a netbook back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

yes but pc worl do all their own repair and the manufacturer wont even entertain you. so if the guy in pc world thinks you did it " hell just say youll have to live with it like he did we me" after that i said i would rather pay more
    and am never going to pc world again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

dunworth1 wrote: »
    yes but pc worl do all their own repair and the manufacturer wont even entertain you. so if the guy in pc world thinks you did it " hell just say youll have to live with it like he did we me" after that i said i would rather pay more
    If you're within warranty you could always try the Currys/PC World forum here on boards. Great service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

If you're within warranty you could always try the Currys/PC World forum here on boards. Great service.

i did my post was ignored.no responded to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭banchang

dunworth1 wrote: »

Don't understand this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

banchang wrote: »

Laptopsdirect have very poor after sales support and there are countless threads all over the Internet advising to steer clear of them.
    Took me over a month to get an invoice from them last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

was thinking about getting this/different spec 5750, but reading some reviews, some say that the screen is quite hard unless you have it tilted perfectly.
    anyone who's bought it had any issue with the screen or any other annoyances with the laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I have the 5750G and the screen viewing angles arent amazing, but it wouldnt be a major issue for me anyway. The biggest annoyance is the placement of the power button, which is right were you would hold the laptop if you were going to move it.

Other than that I love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Laptopsdirect have very poor after sales support and there are countless threads all over the Internet advising to steer clear of them.

I had major issues and would recommend staying well clear of them

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shanebrk

This is a real bargain. GF got this about a month ago on my recomendation. Seems to be much better quality than any acer and a reputable shop too. Very solid laptop. You'd upgrage the ram to 8gb and still have change out of the 60 euro price difference

http://komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_02PC/02_NOTEBOO/21_15/productdetails/80003834/Samsung_15_6_NP300E5A_S01NL_i5_2430_4GB_640GB/NP300E5A_S01NL/default.aspx

Advertisement