Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC Confusion

• 08-09-2014 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi there,

Was on the phone to UPC last week enquiring into getting another box put into a bedroom and upgrade (of either main room or all rooms to HD).

I was told that the cabling of one bedroom would be €60 but for a total of €105 we could have all four rooms in use availing of their HD service.

I thought this was a bit unusual as I had always presumed 4 rooms x HD would mean 4 new boxes are required (with a fee per box), so I got them to confirm that I was really getting all of this for the price of €105. They were persistent that it was correct, I couldn't believe my luck..

In the last hour, a representative has come out with the intention of installing two DVR boxes (already have this) and wasn't aware of any order for HD or cabling of one room..

I'm not sure what to do now, how can I prove that all of these services were promised at that price?! I'm presuming they will now say that I'd have to purchase 4 HD boxes from them if I am to get what I'm after..

In the meantime, the bedroom is being cabled and one HD box will be installed, but this seems like a pain in the arse having to take a half day only for my requirements to be half met..

Rant over!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Have asked the mods to move this thread to the Terrestrial forum or maybe it should in fact be moved to the Talk to UPC forum

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Nobler32

Great thanks so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭winston_1

Nobler32 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Was on the phone to UPC last week enquiring into getting another box put into a bedroom and upgrade (of either main room or all rooms to HD).

I was told that the cabling of one bedroom would be €60 but for a total of €105 we could have all four rooms in use availing of their HD service.

I thought this was a bit unusual as I had always presumed 4 rooms x HD would mean 4 new boxes are required (with a fee per box), so I got them to confirm that I was really getting all of this for the price of €105. They were persistent that it was correct, I couldn't believe my luck..

In the last hour, a representative has come out with the intention of installing two DVR boxes (already have this) and wasn't aware of any order for HD or cabling of one room..

I'm not sure what to do now, how can I prove that all of these services were promised at that price?! I'm presuming they will now say that I'd have to purchase 4 HD boxes from them if I am to get what I'm after..

In the meantime, the bedroom is being cabled and one HD box will be installed, but this seems like a pain in the arse having to take a half day only for my requirements to be half met..

Rant over!

So, you didn't record the phone call then? Perhaps they did and you can ask them to listen to the recording.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Have asked the mods to move this thread to the Terrestrial forum or maybe it should in fact be moved to the Talk to UPC forum

Neither, to Cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

You're eventually going to have to talk to UPC in one form or another about this, so if this thread can't be moved to the Talk to UPC forum I suppose your only option is to ask again over there or ring then to clarify things.

• Advertisement
Advertisement