Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horizon Box & WIFI Extender?

• 30-08-2014 8:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My friend has a horizon box, and is having difficulty with the wifi signal reaching all of her house. From reading up, the WIFI signal on these boxes seems to be poor.

Can anyone advise if a bog standard wifi repeater/extender like this one would work with a UPC Horizon box?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

You can get similar from DX.com or folcalprice etc, They take the existing signal and repeat it. There increase range but not wifi quality.

Another alternative is Powerline wifi extenders http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1168680/Trail/searchtext%3EPOWERLINE.htm

This is probably a better option, though more expensive, as it takes the really reliable ethernet connection and extends that to a wifi access point wherever in the house you want it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

I have a bog standard one which worked fine with the horizon before I got the additional modem. The repeater had a much better range than the horizon box.
    With the additional router and the extender there is strong wifi in the house and at the bottom of the garden (about 10 yards)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

Slightly off topic, but I also have Horizon and also keep an old router running with a seperate SSID ( for the kids that I can switch off without impacting myself on the main SSID ). Is there any extender that can work with two networks simultaneously ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

AFAIK the repeaters will extend any signal its comes accross so thats prob a good option.

Advertisement