Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

This is a MOBA game i see myself getting into. Couldnt get into LoL but i missed the bus on that one and DOTA2 seems to be in beta/testing phase for the last 20 or so years, ths i have lost all interest in that.

Will be keeping an eye on this one for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Reminds me a lot of Savage 1 & 2 back in the day.

Might try it for a week or 2 when its out, really depends how well the company handles new gods and the payment model being viable to play almost free.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Managed to nab myself a beta key, there are people who preordered giving out keys on stream channels on twitchtv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

chancing my arm here but if anyone has a spare referral id really appreciate it, think you get 3 with your beta access!

account: wonderboysam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

what's with this moba craze all of a sudden :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Wanders_fan

Anyone having trouble with the game crashing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

It's fun alight but I can't see it appealing to any serious Moba fans. I got bored and went back to HoN fairly quick. It has the potential to get a decent playerbase though as it's the first to try something completely new in the genre and it's alot easier to pick up and learn.

They take all the emphasis off strategy for the most part, roles are alot more diluted with no real need for support heros and every hero having the ability to carry to an extent. Last hitting doesn't give enough gold and no denying turns the laning phase into simply harass / gank fests. There is also a lack of diversity with skills and abilities with most heros having a typical slow, nuke, buff / debuff and nothing too unique.

Has some potential however as it is still in Beta and I'm a massive fan of Hi-rez after the gem that is Tribes Ascend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Anyone having trouble with the game crashing?

Never had a crash actually, was very stable for me although I haven't played in a few days!

Advertisement