Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leap Card in Cork

• 14-09-2014 10:33am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was in Cork for an offsite a week or so ago and went to use the bus and asked for the 24 hour ticket and each time the driver issues me a 1.60 fare clearly on his machine and it shows up as so, but insisted he gave me a 24 hour ticket when it simply was not the case since every time I went to another bus they told me either the ticket does not exist or I didn't buy one.

Funny thing being the driver who told me I didn't had one offered to give it to me and deducted another 1.60 fare. I challenged him about this and said if he couldn't or didn't know how to offer the ticket why didn't he just say it and I'd understand, he said "I don't agree with it" and the fact that it would mean less money for the bus company.

Needless to say an email will shortly be dispatched to the NTA and Bus Eireann about this, yesterday a friend of mine had the same problem and was given 1.60 fares instead of 24 hour tickets when asking for them and the driver again insisted it was on there.

What is everyone elses experience? Is this widespread? Is it down to simply bad training, or are there really a few drivers out there resisting leap?

Advertisement