Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loss of Ch4 and 5

Options
  • 07-05-2005 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

I've lost Ch 4 and 5 on my FTA card there in the epg but has usually blurb.
    Could Sky have blocked the card when I left it in the box with phone line connected(a mistake). ITV is working fine. I've but it in my other mirror sub box phoneline unconnected to see if it re boots. Any advice please. :confused:

Comments

usual advice applies.
    leave the card in the box for 12 to 24 hrs and they should come back.
    dont leave the phone in with a ftv card.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

Thanks for that. I left it in my mistake and I think Sky were dialing at the time as the phone light had come on, I got I swaped the cards. A mistake I will not be making again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭intersplat

Loosing C4 and C5 had nothing to do with your box dialing . It happend because your card was not in the decoder for any long period recently . It just happens that your card had already received the next Itv key and that's why it works now.

If you put your ftv card in the slot the box cannot dial Sky . The numbers the box dials are controlled by the card not the box . As soon as the EPG changes to BBC 1 on 101 the box is no longer Irish .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭intersplat

Earthman wrote:
    usual advice applies.
    leave the card in the box for 12 to 24 hrs and they should come back.
    dont leave the phone in with a ftv card.

Could you explain to me please how this could possibly do anything to your card/box?

Advertisement