Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Voltwad wrote: »
    We'll be quite okay with the money and presence that our own fans will supply

Clearly not or temporary seats wouldnt be gettign errected and they wouldnt be botherign with a 2nd stand at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Stekelly wrote: »
    The ole ole brigade are only coming because Rovers are bringing a decent team for a game.

But of course usual sniping remarks from the only real fans in world football and can so obviously do without the money these teams and fans bring is the best that can be obtained.

But hey, who wants to endear themelves to the general public and anctually build a fan base when you can spend your time moaning about how hard you have it and try your best to drive away anyone that dares suppose the evil British game

This is a friendly in the middle of a cluster of SRFC games around the pale. Our three away games are Bray, Pats and Bohs in July so anyone looking to follow up an interest in Rovers has never had a better chance to do so.

The Madrid game is a friendly, a perk for want of a better word that Rovers fans should and will get priority on. What's to say that a United or Pool fan deserves a ticket more than a Season Ticket holder/SRFC Member?

ly not or temporary seats wouldnt be gettign errected and they wouldnt be botherign with a 2nd stand at all.

what?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Ste, theres a thread here for people whos only interest in their local club is when they play glamour friendlies ;)

What's to say that a United or Pool fan deserves a ticket more than a Season Ticket holder/SRFC Member?

Who says anyone wants them? I was askign about the standium, which I have doen on a couple of occasions in this thread. It's the attitude from some fans here just waiting to dive on the first hint that anyone that might have a preference for EPL football that stinks.

There's unbelievable demand for tickets. I've had dozens of people ask me to get one and by the looks of things there's quite a popular demand for them on here as well.

This isn't about LOI vs. EPL, this is people who have no interest in Rovers trying to get in on what's a momentous occasion for the club and for their own reasons that have nothing to do with the club

This isn't about LOI vs. EPL, this is people who have no interest in Rovers trying to get in on what's a momentous occasion for the club and for their own reasons that have nothing to do with the club

This very much is. I've asked a few times over the last few months on updates about the stadium.

Then this week, with the announcment of the Madrid game, I ask again and whether the 2nd satnd will be uyp for it. But this is then a red rag to a bull and gives certain people a chance to jump on me fo rdaring to want in to their stadium. I was also invloved in the initial discussion about season ticket prices before the season. But of course, I'm only interested in gettign tickets now that the Madrid game is on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

There's unbelievable demand for tickets. I've had dozens of people ask me to get one and by the looks of things there's quite a popular demand for them on here as well.

Are people who like to watch Real Madrid and would like to see them playing in the flesh not allowed? It is a momentous occasion for Real Madrid fans here too I would think.

The ole ole brigade are only coming because Rovers are bringing a decent team for a game.

It's that I reacted negatively to. I personally don't think any club is ever in a position to be for the want of turning away potential fans and Rovers certainly aren't in that business.

Your posts indicated you were only interested in the second stand being erected solely for this game. if that is not the case then you would be more than welcome at any Rovers game. As far as I am aware there are still tickets left for our crucial league game against Galway United on Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

But of course usual sniping remarks from the only real fans in world football and can so obviously do without the money these teams and fans bring is the best that can be obtained.

But hey, who wants to endear themelves to the general public and anctually build a fan base when you can spend your time moaning about how hard you have it and try your best to drive away anyone that dares suppose the evil British game

You can see the point though Ste.

As enjoyable as the friendly will be, it's not as important as our league and cup fixtures.

It's unlikely that the overwhelming majority of the general public that go to a friendly with general access tickets will bother coming back. Especially not people like that clown I quoted. Being a P1 gig, the potential money isn't even that much; the publicity is far more valuable.

I'd be more interested in local kids getting dibs on the tickets after the members/season ticket holders get them.

That said, I'm all for the temporary seats going up if there was a chance they could be left up for future fixtures, or until the new stand goes up.

I was also invloved in the initial discussion about season ticket prices before the season. But of course, I'm only interested in gettign tickets now that the Madrid game is on.
    Out of interest, how many of the games in Tallaght have you been to thus far?

CiaranC wrote: »
    Out of interest, how many of the games in Tallaght have you been to thus far?

None. Didnt get tickets to the frist few games that sold out.

Since then, work dried up and the dole just doesnt stretch to paying for things like anything that isnt food or bills.

stovelid wrote: »

That said, I'm all for the temporary seats going up if there was a chance they could be left up for future fixtures, or until the new stand goes up.

Does anyone know how temporary temporary seats actaully are though?

Obviously, if the seats are being bought they should be left up.

but you'd be able to afford a ticket to the madrid game? You could afford two league games for that ;)

but you'd be able to afford a ticket to the madrid game? You could afford two league games for that ;)

Three. :)

Link to post where I said I was goign to the Madrid game?

• Advertisement

Your questioning implied interest

Your questioning implied interest

Just like my previous questions over the last few months, it's general interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Ahh jayzus lads, let's stop with the hostility! Maybe some day me and Ste will end up seated side by side in the newbies' section of the new stadium :)

The more the merrier here ;)

Dave! wrote: »
    Ahh jayzus lads, let's stop with the hostility! Maybe some day me and Ste will end up seated side by side in the newbies' section of the new stadium :)
    No hostility from me, just curiosity. If these friendlies bring even more regular punters to the ground, then im all for them. Understandably, Im less interested in seeing daytrippers in the ground for a match that we arent even getting the gate money for, id rather see other LOI fans get the tickets.

• Advertisement

None from me either. Would love to see more people (especially lads from Tallaght like yourselves) coming along. When you get the bug, you really won't look back, and it's never a case of having to choose between EPL and LOI. You can do both.

You've just got to understand that the annoyance is aimed more at the people like the clown I quoted, and even people I know. People who spend their whole time scoffing out loud if you buy them a ticket for the game, but who suddenly are bombarding you with requests because their little princess might be playing. I'd rather see the tickets go to people who have no axe to grind, and who are just curious and enjoy football.

I see weve sold another 300 half-season tickets, I wonder how much of a factor the publicity for this was

I see weve sold another 300 half-season tickets, I wonder how much of a factor the publicity for this was

Wow. Must be.

Admittedly, the half-season ticket in itself is a good move too.

Have ye all got yer Rovers laser cards??? :D

catrionabradser110609.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

catrionabradser110609.jpg

Big laser cards for the big club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Ordered it a couple of days back. Its on the way I'm led to believe.

A note on the Real game. Rovers fans (in general) are not complaining about a few hundred bar stooler fans all of a sudden interested in going to a rovers game. Were not stupid, we know they are only interested because its Real Madrid. The problem is as its being played in our stadium involving our club members and season ticket holders should get first chance booking.

After any member or season ticket holder thats interested has their ticket then the rest should go to joe public. Personally I've no preference for other loi fans or non loi fans getting them. The way I see it is if a loi fan gets it then happy days. If a non loi fans get one maybe they might get bitten by the bug of actually going to live football rather than worshiping Sky Sports and they may come back, be it to Rovers or someone else.

Big laser cards for The Big Club.

The Bohs ones tend to have problems with unauthorized withdrawals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

The Bohs ones tend to have problems with unauthorized withdrawals?
    Not any more.
    We've shelved the dastardly plan to lose the holy ground for a pittance, go bust and come back a la I Can't Believe it's Not Shamrock Rovers.

http://shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/818-rovers-v-real-madrid-tickets-on-sale?71cce52574d4d86948f2109dfa3ec02e=9227caeb167f21f2b2d925b659e239e2

Friday, 19 June 2009 15:00

Shamrock Rovers will play Real Madrid in Tallaght Stadium on Monday July 20th, kick off 8pm. The event is being managed by Platinum One who are controlling tickets sales and all enquiries. Members and season ticket holders of Shamrock Rovers F.C. have a 48 hour window to purchase match tickets before they go on public sale.

Tickets, costing €60 (plus booking fee), are limited to a maximum of two per person and you will require the number on your season ticket barcode for authentication purposes. Tickets are on sale online only, from tomorrow, Saturday June 20th at 9am from the link here. If you are a member but do not have a season ticket card please contact the club office without delay on 4605948.

General release public sale tickets will be from 9am on Monday morning June 22nd through Platinum One website. The ticket phone lines will be open to the general public on Monday from 9am on 01 200 3616.

Stay in touch with www.shamrockrovers.ie for more news as it develops on this tie and the other friendlies v Newcastle United on July 11th and the game v Hibs on July 27th

60 quid? :O

• Advertisement

Woah that's pricey... Could actually preclude me from attending tbh :( No discounts for season ticket holders/members even? I woulda thought that would be the case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Ye i just got the text a bit steep i have to say. And no child or oap prices?

Woah that's pricey... Could actually preclude me from attending tbh :( No discounts for season ticket holders/members even? I woulda thought that would be the case
    Amid all the speculation I was hearing €35 being thrown around, 60 is ludacrous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

AntoSRFC wrote: »
    Ye i just got the text a bit steep i have to say. And no child or oap prices?

Ye i think the best thing would have been to sell them inside the ground tomorow night. And maybe give 20 euro cash back to members season ticket holders upon entrance or a way of claiming your money back at a later stage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

+ booking fee..

Steep.

They'd better at least play some first team players for that.

Steep.

They will. Platinum One might be gougers, but they arent stupid. They'll have a stipulation in the contract.

Pity the tix are online only. With the time frame, it might put some hoops under pressure if they're skint or don't have cards.

That said, I'm getting two as are most of the hoops I know so hopefully a good few tickets will go back in circulation for the people who deserve them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

60 quid is a rip tbh. But it's not them who decide the charge, it's PlatinumOne who decide how much.

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »
    60 quid is a rip tbh. But it's not them who decide the charge, it's PlatinumOne who decide how much.
    No it isnt. Its a 100 quid to see Britney Spears ffs

Average ticket to a league game? It's gonna cost me €15 to see them playing Galway tonight, my family, maybe €40 for all of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

No it isnt. Its a 100 quid to see Britney Spears ffs

They are both rip-offs then.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Average ticket to a league game? It's gonna cost me €15 to see them playing Galway tonight, my family, maybe €40 for all of us.
    This is not a league game, its a friendly against the biggest club in the world in a small stadium, organised by an outside PR firm.

It should only be costing you about 14 euro for 2 adults and 2 children into Tallaght. Buy a half season family ticket.

You will save the price of a Madrid ticket every 2 1/2 weeks.

This is not a league game, its a friendly against the biggest club in the world in a small stadium, organised by an outside PR firm.

It should only be costing you about 14 euro for 2 adults and 2 children into Tallaght. Buy a half season family ticket.

You will save the price of a Madrid ticket every 2 1/2 weeks.

I was supposed to, just never get around to :P

Anyway can't believe Cameron missed the peno, I remember us missing a good few at home. Baker saved the day though :pac:

Aye weve missed all 3 penalties at home, Robinson, O'Connor and now Cameron.

We were lucky enough to win, but we'll take it :)

• Advertisement

Aye weve missed all 3 penalties at home, Robinson, O'Connor and now Cameron.

We were lucky enough to win, but we'll take it :)

All at that end too, unless I'm mistaken? It's shaping up to be the 'Curse of Cushlawn'. :D

Still a magic moment to see the players, led by Baker come up to the singing section and celebrate in front of us :)

Apparently there's a crane there today working on the second stand.

:D:D:D

The permanent one I mean, not temporary seating for the Madrid game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Steep.

I hope so. I'm expecting at least, Twigg, Rice, Baker etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

iregk wrote: »
    I hope so. I'm expecting at least, Twigg, Rich, Baker etc...

Took a while to figure out who 'Rich' was. Thought he might have been a new super signing. I assume you mean't Rice...:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement