Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Buggy

Options
  • 22-11-2015 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recognise that question has been asked before. However, its looks like the posts are old(ish) and I've read through them all..

I'm thinking of investing in an electric trolley over the next couple months (when I get to the 14th on local course which has quite a hill the old left knee and back start complaining loudly)...

The one thing I don't like is that most of them are quite large when folded down.
    Also, thinking of going lithium straight up (most have 5 year guarantees). Based on this right now I'm down to...

1. Motocaddy M1 Pro (http://www.motocaddy.ie/m1-pro-electric-trolley)
    2. Go Kart (http://www.gokart.ie/shop/gokart-automatic-golf-trolley.html?options=cart)

Primary reason is that they both fold down to a reasonably size

Motocaddy: Recognised branding, have seen on the course, good reputation, good reviews all round, like the USB charging and adjustable distance control, expensive, looks a bit "finicky" to fold/unfold, can try out in shop, looks good (especially the lithium model), friend has a different motocaaddy model for last 2 years and works like a dream with no problems, questions about after sale support.

Gokart: About 70yoyo cheaper, Have never seen one on course, Mixed reviews (from what can see swings for either absolutely hate it to absolutely love it and anyone that says otherwise is a fool...very few in-between reviews), saw video of one and have a worry about loud whine when moving, comes with some accessories, has a card holder built in, simple to fold/unfold, plastic looking and worry about battery basically holding it together, can only order online (can't put hands on it), has a 28day return policy which i really like, really good customer service, i'm not sure I like the look of it (I know "who cares what it looks like" but I am a tad vain and I'm not spending this amount of money on something I won't like)

So any feedback from people that actually own these 2 models and pleeeeaassseee its not a slagging match one vs the other....its how you find it from reliability point of view, problems had/not had and ideal if there is someone out there who has experience of both or "close" to both (i.e. played with others that have them)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭galwaylad1980

I have a GoKart and I'd have to say that I fall into the latter category of above... absolutely love it.

Got it December 2010 (an early Christmas present to myself!) I did a lot of research before I bought and very happy with my purchase.

I got the 18hole battery and it lasted 2 1/2 years with a lot of use. Replaced the battery in April 2013 and it's still going strong.

The buggy itself is great, assembles in seconds, strong bungee band on the bottom and wide strap on the top to keep most size bags in place. It folds down pretty good and the carry bag you can get as one of the extras keeps it all nice and tidy in the boot of the car.

As for looks, I don't think it looks that plasticy, I've had plenty of lads say to me that it looks great (I'm sure the lads that didn't like the look of it were just polite enough to say nothing!). I couldn't say that it's loud by any means, it's more of a whimper than a whine!

GoKart Customer Service is brilliant, I had to get a new front wheel bearing kit a couple of years back (my own fault, I drove it straight into the base of a tree one day... no marks docked for user error!) and I had emailed them asking about what I'd need to replace and they told me I had €12 in my a/c and it bearing kit cost €14 so they'd just put one in the post for me without paying the difference or any no shipping costs etc

My only criticism of the GoKart is that if you play on a very windy course, and I mean VERY windy, the GoKart can tip over if you park it side on to the direction the wind is blowing. I guess that can happen with a lot of trolleys not just the GoKart but it's the only thing I can think of that would go in the "con's" section.

Never had a motocaddy so I'll leave that to the rest of the boardsies to fill you in on. Good luck with whichever one you decide to go with and if you do decide to go with the GoKart, PM me and I'll send you on details you can stick on your order for the breeder program to get some cash in your a/c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Have the gokart 5 or 6 years now, 2 others in my 4ball have bought one none of us with complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

While I know nothing of either carts (I have a golf glider) I just wanted to say I got a lithium battery earlier this year and was the best decision ever... so much lighter, smaller and charges quickly and if you take a five year view should be no more expensive than the standard battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

I also have a go-kart and very happy. It folds down small and then goes into the carry bag so your boot doesn't get grass all over it.

If you search the forum over on golfmagic you'll see a large amount of people raving about both the trolleys and the brilliant customer service, helped make up my mind.

Advertisement