Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAI TRE Sunday Afternoon

• 08-05-2005 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what's up with RAI Tre on Hotbird?

I'm getting signal but no picture or sound.

It was working fine yesterday evening.

I'm hoping they haven't decided to encrypt the Giro d'Italia and force us to subscribe to $ky....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Anyone know what's up with RAI Tre on Hotbird?

I'm getting signal but no picture or sound.

It was working fine yesterday evening.

I'm hoping they haven't decided to encrypt the Giro d'Italia and force us to subscribe to $ky....

Have you checked it now??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

Greenman wrote:
    Have you checked it now??

Yes, it's back, but after the Giro. I'd suspect this was rights related but for the fact they covered the prologue last night. Only Mario Cipollini could get away with wearing a shiny pink body suit.....

The afternoon wasn't wasted, I caught the 4 Jours de Dunkirk on France 3 (excellent pictures) & found the Giro elsewhere. The RAI coverage is usually very good, so I hope this was just a technical incident, time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I hope this was just a technical incident, time will tell.

i would be very surprised if it was technical. RAI block out all sports it would seem. it brings me back to that time in France when we wanted to watch F1. something was wrong with some of the French channels at that time so the only option was RAI. but it was scrambled :( damn hotel didnt have RTL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MrLNB

Mossy Monk wrote:
    i would be very surprised if it was technical. RAI block out all sports it would seem. it brings me back to that time in France when we wanted to watch F1. something was wrong with some of the French channels at that time so the only option was RAI. but it was scrambled :( damn hotel didnt have RTL

Dude, they encrypt that channel during some events, but for those whos in the know it wont matter :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Mossy Monk wrote:

I remember the old RAI analogue encryption, if you really wanted to watch the encrypted you could watch it. It was a funny blurry sort of thing but watchable!!!

Well cyclopath2001 I'm sorry you don't live here in lovely Flemish Belgium because anytime there any sort of bike race its covered on the Flemish RTE as yet not on satellite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

RTE: with occasional honourable exceptions, you're not missing much unless you're a Pat Kenny fan.....

It's not a question of wanting a total free ride. Like many here, I'd like the ability to choose what programs I want and only pay for what I watch. The authentic national programs are much better than the $ky or Euro$port angliscised/dumbed-down versions which are packed with far more advertising than the original broadcasts.

I've noticed a few good cycling programmes on RTBF La Deux, but as far as I can see that's not available on satellite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

MrLNB wrote:
    Dude, they encrypt that channel during some events, but for those whos in the know it wont matter :D

wasnt much fun in a hotel

talk of decrypting channels illegally is not allowed here also

Advertisement