Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

possible to recieve German and Swedish channels?

• 09-05-2005 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

any information would be of great help. i want to recieve a swedish channel called TV3 and a german channel called DSF Sports. is it possible to pick those channels up using one of the lidl systems or would i need to go and buy a slighty dearer systems? anyone have a lidl system they dont want anymore?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

DSF can be picked up very easily as its free to air on Astra 1 which has a very strong signal. TV3 in Sweden i am not too sure about. its encrypted afaik and on a different satellite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hockeyplayer

thanks for the info, what do i need equipment wise, cheap lidl system or will i have to go to one of these sat stores?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

my flatmate got himself the sattelite Dish set from Lidl for 99 Euros on friday, we put the Dish up on the inside of the flat, stuck to the windows and connected the bits and bobs up what were in and got the signal nearly instantly, great kit, worth seeing if you can get one for yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Gilgamesh wrote:
    my flatmate got himself the sattelite Dish set from Lidl for 99 Euros on friday, we put the Dish up on the inside of the flat, stuck to the windows and connected the bits and bobs up what were in and got the signal nearly instantly, great kit, worth seeing if you can get one for yourself

What channels do you get on that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

You will need a 1m dish ideally for recieving tv3 sweden. It is on the THOR satellite on 1degree west. It may also be broadcased on Sirius on 5 east aint sure though. Anyway it is encrypted in CONAX so one would need an official viewing card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

In days when many Scandinavian was D2MAC, TV3 Sweden was PAL analog on Thor. Quite weak signal on my 1m dish. I think it was about a year ago it finally went digital only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭kramlq

TV3 Sweden is on the sirius nordic beam, so you will need a large dish (1.5m+) and have to be as much east and north as possible to stand a chance of getting a signal. Its encrypted in videoguard, so you would need to organise a viasat subscription & box.

If you are looking for swedish language tv, then SVT Europa is receivable on an 80cm dish from sirius europe BSS eam, and I think they sell cards to anyone.

@watty
    That is TV4 Sweden from thor you are thinking of. As you say, it was clear in PAL but went about a year ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Despatch wrote:
    What channels do you get on that?

As discussed in other threads here with "Lidl" in the title.

Advertisement