Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Force the new software download...

Options
  • 29-04-2005 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Lads,

I have a box with a FTV card .Can I force the download of the new software or will I wait and hope? :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

NO!!! Do not force a download!

By forcing a download you are simply pulling in the old software version off the "force" stream - sky do not put the new software onto the "force" stream until ALL boxes have been SUCCESSFULLY updated - this is so in case something should go drastically wrong, they can just get people to "roll back" to the previous software version by forcing a download.

When the box is ready to update itself, it will - the box will often download the software into it's cache and then re-boot at a certain time after no input has been received (eg. early morning).

Be patient! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It's come through on my Panasonic so it's finally reached leprechaunland.

As chorus techy said, I'd wait. It's not as though it's that exciting anyway.

Still no sign of it on a Grundig GDS310 here. Had a power cut earlier so after it came back I checked and I'm still on 3.2.11.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Karsini wrote:
    Still no sign of it on a Grundig GDS310 here. Had a power cut earlier so after it came back I checked and I'm still on 3.2.11.
    Ditto - except in my case no signal for unknown time 'cos the cable got pulled.
    Grundig Model no. 2.64
    But having heard about the horrible things that could happen on a forced upgrade I guess it's just a wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

No upgrade for me yet either on my Grundig box.

I don't think any Grundigs have updated yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Nor my panasonic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I've had it on my panasonic for about a week now. No real WOW features so don't worry if you haven't got it yet.

No sign of the update on my grundig box or my Sky+ box yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

My standard Pace box has it but not my pace sky+ yet. I am not expecting the sky+ to be updated till July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

Bond-007 wrote:
    I am not expecting the sky+ to be updated till July.

Apart from the fact sky+ is generally the last to be updated, there were reports of a software fault which meant the new software wasn't functioning correctly with the sky+ boxes. Could be some time before you see upgrades...

Advertisement