Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Multiroom

• 04-05-2005 7:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

Hi . .

Does anyone have any experience of getting Sky multiroom in a third room . . and is the cost the same as for the second and hence too expensive . . At the moment, we have three tellies, one with SKY and the other 2 with Chorus . . I am trying to talk the other half into getting rid of Chorus and opting for multiroom but 400 yoyo's for two boxes seems a bit nuts . .

I have a spare box at home anyway . . if i were to get multiroom and SKY + and hence a quad LNB, I would have an extra outlet on the LNB for my third box right ? ? ? Does anyone know what SKY would charge me for a card for this box ? ? ? And what an installer would charge me to put it in ? ?

Thanks

hj

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭JohnC.

You can get more than 1 extra box on Multiroom. Both additional boxes will cost you €15 per month each for mirrors of the main box subscription. You just want a Sky+ box and one additional box, right? You already have what will be the second additional box. That should cost you €199 (the cost of the Sky+ box) and the second box and installation are free when you get + with multiroom together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

Kahless wrote:
    You can get more than 1 extra box on Multiroom. Both additional boxes will cost you €15 per month each for mirrors of the main box subscription. You just want a Sky+ box and one additional box, right? You already have what will be the second additional box. That should cost you €199 (the cost of the Sky+ box) and the second box and installation are free when you get + with multiroom together.

Will they install the third box for free also ? ?

I doubt it. Not officially anyway. I suppose there is always the slim hope of getting a nice guy who may do it unoffically or for a small extra fee.

Any chance you could do the third box yourself? It should be easy after the others are set up. Most of the work will be done. But I understand if you can't. This kind of thing isn't everyones cup of tea.

And thinking about it now, I'm not so sure what the situation would be with getting a multiroom mirror card for an existing box which you are not getting from them during the set up. Anyone know if they will send out a card for this? Would getting the card cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

Could possibly do the install myself . . presumably its just a matter of running a cable from the quad LNB to the third box. . . does configuring the actual box take much know-how ? ?

Bit of a pain this whole SKY thing . . bought a 4 bed house only two years ago . . cable TV sockets in 5 rooms which are bugger all use to me since my only cable option is Chorus (bad bad experiences) . . .
    Is there anyway I can have SKY in three rooms and utilise the existing cabling ? ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Don't forget you will need 3 phone extns for the 3 boxes. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Round Cable

Why is Sky mutiroom so expensive?, I was looking into it, and E15 a month seems a bit steep. NTL offer a mirror subscription for only E5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Why is Sky mutiroom so expensive?, I was looking into it, and E15 a month seems a bit steep. NTL offer a mirror subscription for only E5.
    Larger choice I suppose, greater administration involved with policing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Round Cable

Bond-007 wrote:

Well there is avery small amount of extra channels on Sky and not NTL (not including shopping channels), NTL even have a few extra ones, and the fact that they'd have to pay Sky again for the use of their channels. Sky should be able to this for even less, however looking at the figures, Sky multiroom subs has increased substantially, so why shouldn't they rip off their customers?

Maybe out there in cable land, but with Multilink MMDS, this is not the case. There isn't exactly a mirror subscription, but they do let me have half price basic subscription (€10) and full price Digital Choice (€7) on the second box. That's €17 per month for a second box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

Bond-007 wrote:

Nah, they charge it because they can! I mean, if you want all those channels in different rooms, or you want sky, but don't want a cable package also - what choice do you have? Sky are just milking people at €15 a month because people are willing to pay it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement