Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New app / software idea

Options
  • 01-07-2014 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hello,
    I have come up with an idea similar to a GPS or a TomTom but for a different purpose.
    I have no experience in software or development etc. Would anyone be able to direct me as to how I could explore this idea further to see if it's viable?

Thanks for any direction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Viable in what way?

Is it possible to code?

Is there a market for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dare2dream

I believe there is definitely a market for it.

I'm not sure what you mean by viable?
    and in regards to code, I believe so - again I'm new to software and so would be best to chat about it with a body that wasn't going to take my idea and use it themselves, just wondering how to get around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

I'd start with a good search. There is a fairly good chance that your idea is already on the market. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to discourage you. Even if your idea is already on the market you can make it better.

Please think again about revealing your idea after reading this:
    http://jasonlbaptiste.com/startups/they-will-steal-your-idea-they-cannot-steal-what-really-matters/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

While you're waiting for responses dare2dream, type this into the search box at the top of the page:

idea for an app

You'll see dozens of posts where this has been asked in the past and many/most/all of the responses will also apply to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dare2dream

Thanks so much all for the info and the article :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement