Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb and Dumber 2 (with Carey and Daniels)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I only had interest in it to see Jim play Lloyd again.

Oh well
    nothing_to_do_here_poster-r5f7331dade904e93902a3d2c8c3cd65c_jih_400.jpg?bg=0xffffff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

In a sense, I'm glad to see this happen no matter how much I was looking forward to it. At least this way, if Carrey does decide to go ahead with it once again, it will be his way or no way and may mean a much more decent film if it does go ahead. Rather than a cheap sequel that'll tarnish a franchise to grab a quick buck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Great title but no way am I interested in it without Carey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,214 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Speaking to Digital Spy, Farrelly said that the movie will shoot once Daniels is clear of his Newsroom commitments and that it may see a release by next autumn.

He also whetted fans' appetites for the misadventures of Harry Dunne (Daniels) and Lloyd Christmas (Carrey) in the new movie.

"I can tell you that there is no growth out of either one of them and it's 20 years later," Farrelly said. "What is funny about the original is that they're grown men who are complete losers and when the studio came to us about a sequel, we were like, 'Loads of kids are losers and they're dumb'.

"We didn't see any value in the sequel so we backed out of it, but now these guys are in regular life and they're still basically children at heart. The story revolves around the fact that one of them may have sired a child.
    "They want to go and find the child because he's [either Harry or Lloyd] having a kidney problem and he wants to ask him for one of his kidneys."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a400578/dumb-and-dumber-sequel-storyline-revealed-by-bobby-farrelly.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,029 ✭✭✭✭Basq

So is Carrey in it or not?! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭houseplant

Carey is back in according to RTE entertainment. Sorry cant post a link. Great news if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Basq wrote: »
    So is Carrey in it or not?! :confused:

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

:pac::pac::pac::pac: HURRAY!!! :pac::pac::pac::pac:

picture-1227.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Stumbling back upon this thread made my day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,214 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

So it's back on?

Awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I love the title :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

I'm so happy I could sing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

If the script is half as good as the original, this will be great. I worry about the Farrelly Brothers though. They've been pumping out cack films for a decade now.

I think their comedy mojo is in the past. Hopefully not :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Oh my God. Dumb and Dumber is right up there as one of my all-time favourite movies and Jim Carrey is one of my all-time favourite people, so I can't wait. I hope it's good!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

20 years.........

mother-of-god-meme.jpg

Jim Carrey and Peter Farrelly want Emma Stone and Channing Tatum to join the sequel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jim Carrey and Peter Farrelly want Emma Stone and Channing Tatum to join the sequel
    some how i doubt she will sign up to work with Carrey after his love video he made for her last year, unless it was a stunt they agreed on, i remember Jennifer Lawrence said that Stone asked her to diss her at the oscars for the laugh, strange bunch these actresses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I hate warner brothers
    Bad news for Harry Dunne and Lloyd Christmas: they’ll have to set up shop elsewhere. Warner Bros. has decided not to move forward with the Dumb & Dumber sequel, Dumb & Dumber To,

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=37780

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

That is very annoying. Was hoping for this to go ahead followed by a Ace Ventura 3. Wishful thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Come on, most sensible decision they have made, there is no way this could have been good , not 20 years after the original - impossible.

name any sequel or prequel thats decent all that time after the original.

I thought Rocky Balboa was pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Im still clinging to hope this will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I thought Rocky Balboa was pretty good.

Good point ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Kinda glad this hasn't happened; with a few very notable exceptions, sequels are very often much inferior articles to the original.

Add in the time that has lapsed between the original and this proposed sequel, and I doubt it would have been as good at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Just when I thought Warner Bros. couldn't possibly be any dumber, they go and do something like this... and totally redeem themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Urgh.....This is going to end badly.

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Urgh.....This is going to end badly.

Have some faith ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

• Advertisement

Kathleen Turner has joined the cast now

• Site Banned Posts: 51 ✭✭Tom M

DazMarz wrote: »
    Kinda glad this hasn't happened; with a few very notable exceptions, sequels are very often much inferior articles to the original.

Add in the time that has lapsed between the original and this proposed sequel, and I doubt it would have been as good at all.

It's obviously not going to be as good as the original, but so what, so long as it's a decent funny movie that's good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Basq wrote: »

You have no idea how happy this made me feel just now!

O god yes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Only after seeing this for the first time, and i've had my heart lifted and broken 3 times (and lifted again) in 6 pages!!!

It won't be as good as the original, no one expects that. But if it's anywhere near as good as the first film, it'll be grand! I don't think Carrey would do it if he didn't think it was worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

^^this!!

It is also the reason he refused to do "bruce almighty 2: Bruce the second coming"........which is why we ended up with the sh!te "evan almighty"

he hates playing the same character, so he doesnt (AV is the exception)

He plays the same character in every movie I've seen him in.

prospect wrote: »
    He plays the same character in every movie I've seen him in.

I don't think you've seen many of his films so if you're of that belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Ah come on lads. He was the exact same character in Ace Ventura and The Number 23. The hawaiian shirts and ridiculous hair were completely were not of the intended tone of The Number 23, which made it worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Whoever said Jim Carrey doesn't do sequels needs to wake up and realise that Yes Man is just Liar Liar Part 2

And here we go..

7AdY5p.jpg
    6w2mjG.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

I remember in the 90's when the Farrelly brothers were hot sh*t, it was always exciting stuff to hear they were working on a new movie, Kingpin, Dumb & Dumber, There's Something About Mary (all classics) and probably Me Myself & Irene to a much lesser extent.

Amazing to think that was over a decade ago and the amount of rubbish they have churned out since. Despite the nostalgia I have no hope for this, they have lost that 90's kings of comedy edge and seem afraid to take chances anymore. It's just a cash grab!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

The Dumb & Dumber sequel has been in the pipeline/cancelled/back on again for years now

I have absolutely no faith this will be a good film

Still on the fence with this. I'd like to think that Carey and Daniels wouldn't return to the characters unless they had 100% confidence in the script and the project. But I'm getting a very "The Three Stooges" vibe from those pics.....and not in a good way.

BVB_0MCCQAAne8L.jpg

Looks like Billy (the blind kid) will be making a re-appearance. No sign of a headless parrot though! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I've never seen Dumb and Dumber in its entirety.. Am I missing out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Dman001 wrote: »
    Still on the fence with this. I'd like to think that Carey and Daniels wouldn't return to the characters unless they had 100% confidence in the script and the project. But I'm getting a very "The Three Stooges" vibe from those pics.....and not in a good way.

From two behind the scenes pics? Seriously?

Roar wrote: »
    From two behind the scenes pics? Seriously?
    Given that it was the Farrelly Brothers last film released, they haven't had a great track record the last number of years and the pics above do resemble the artwork/poster for The Three Stooges in there goofy hair/facial expressions (even though they are characteristic to Harry and Lloyd) I don't think it's an unfair statement.

In summary, I'm hoping the film won't be a bumbling mess of overdone, clichéd goofball comedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

miralize wrote: »
    :eek:
    YES, most definitely.
    I wonder will Seabass catch up with them again? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

miralize wrote: »

How?

Lloyd-Christmas-Cry-and-Gag-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement