Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not been paid

Options
  • 03-02-2011 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

To cut long story short started work with a company in south Dublin on 13th December was not included in December payroll, was supposed to get December and January pay on 28th of January, was not paid apart from two weeks so a month short.

Payroll have made various excuses, and blamed many departments, the payroll company, the european finance arm, their own finance arm, HR, local payroll, so quite a few people, yet we are told pay will not be made until at least Tuesday, despite having assurances that firstly it would be fixed on payday, then three different dates this week, yet still every time it never happens.

It now is getting to the stage where I cannot go to work or pay for everyday bills and despite working hard, I am unable to see my friends etc and where do I say enough is enough and refuse to come in until I am paid what I am owed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

You'll get paid it all at once, so don't fret too much.

I always recommend people who are working but generally living from month-to-month to get either a credit card or overdraft facility to cope with emergencies like unexpected bills (or in your case, late payments)

Without such a facility you'll probably need to rely on a family member or friend to give you a loan until payday.

Advertisement