Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new minimum wage

Options
  • 01-02-2011 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, I just have a quick question. The minimum wage has been reduced to 7.65, does that mean that everyones wages are being cut by a euro or does it only effect people on min wage??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭collegegal

any advice is really appreciated as I cannot find any info about it online yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭JamBur

Its not a mandatory cut, it just allows employers to pay that as a minimum level. From what I understand (and I'm open to correction), new employees can be started at this level, but existing employees have to give their permission before a reduction can be enforced.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

JamBur wrote: »
    Its not a mandatory cut, it just allows employers to pay that as a minimum level. From what I understand (and I'm open to correction), new employees can be started at this level, but existing employees have to give their permission before a reduction can be enforced.

That's my understanding of it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭eejoynt

ring fair wage helpline run by ictu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Its the new minimum wage for NEW experienced employees. Current employees stay on their existing wage like what is said in a post above. The minimum wage is less again for a non experienced worker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭collegegal

thanks guys for the information!

Advertisement