Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pope Benedict to declare war on the Devil.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

With my background in electronic engineering, I found that interesting! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

At one time this was one of my favourite of all Led Zepplines tracks along with "a whole lot of love" Stairway to Heaven is satanic to the core, it is probably one of most well known and clearest of all tracks using back masking. [...] Backward masking it is now old hat but it is still used.
    It's a pity that you didn't make it to the talk given by Chris French at the European Skeptics congress last September here in Dublin or his earlier one a few years back, where Chris French discussed just this very thing:

http://www.irishskeptics.net/?p=53

French is well-known researcher into what he terms 'Anomalistic Psychology', the study of things that appear to some people to be real, but in reality, are not. His research page is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

European Skeptics
    ive a feeling anything skeptical or even remotely like common sense wont be accepted.
    i can see it now,

"the reason professor mc logic doesnt believe the devil is behind the evil (insert book,music,art,game) is because the devil has cast a spell on him"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

nerin wrote: »
    ive a feeling anything skeptical or even remotely like common sense wont be accepted.
    i can see it now,

"the reason professor mc logic doesnt believe the devil is behind the evil (insert book,music,art,game) is because the devil has cast a spell on him"

You are free to discuss Christian principles as much as you want with light to skeptics. However you have to realize that indeed it is up to us to accept or reject it. This stuff on the psychology behind it interests me but I still think that nobody can come up with an explanation about it. He believes what he wants, but the door is open up to him to come to Christ, that's all. It's up to him if he wants to criticise or be skeptical about the nature of God.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭blueandgreen

"You want to hear the devil, stop. Don't bother looking for him. If you play records backwards, you are the devil"

Bill Hicks

• Advertisement
Advertisement