Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oracle select case sensitive

Options
  • 16-07-2007 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Im sending a select sql statement to oracle using sql plus.

Im searching for a certain word and if it doesnt exist in the table then an error comes up.

Problem is it is case sensitive.

How can I make it so it ignores the case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

quinnd6 wrote:
    Hi
    Im sending a select sql statement to oracle using sql plus.

Im searching for a certain word and if it doesnt exist in the table then an error comes up.

Problem is it is case sensitive.

How can I make it so it ignores the case?

You can always wrap the variable using lower
    For example
    select address,id from table where lower(inputname)=lower(table.name);

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭stipey

I find that google is good for these types of questions. You will probably get an answer quicker than waiting for somebody to read and respond to your post.

Also, Oracle have excellent documentation on their website - oracle.com

Advertisement