Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canal fishing.

Options
  • 17-02-2012 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Well boys and girls,I'm going fishing on the weekend for pike on the canal around monistrevin in Kildare. Can anyone tell me good spots or what tackle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jay tipperary

macscoob wrote: »
    Well boys and girls,I'm going fishing on the weekend for pike on the canal around monistrevin in Kildare. Can anyone tell me good spots or what tackle?

I never fished that area but bass poppers are real good for pike

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Quiggers59

macscoob wrote: »

This is a late response but what the heck. Fishing at Monasterevin go thru town on old road,approx 2 miles out as if heading for Limerick there is a right turn to Portarlington,ignore it but look out for a turn to the left that has a small brown sign immediately you pass Portarlington turn.This road meanders down to the canal,go left at canal and the are numerous fishing spots.The local fishing club keep a good eye on the canal.So RETURN ALL FISH,and on a personal level leave no litter.this is a great canal particularly into the evening.Its also good for kids with lots of action with small fish.And yeah there are big pike here also.

Advertisement