Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete removal - big back garden

Options
  • 27-06-2011 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

How much might it cost to remove an area of concrete from my back garden and prep for rolled turf? the area is approx 300sqm and there is good access down the side of the house.

I want to lay turf but thinking it will be cheaper to try and find one of these contractors you see working on the roads than the landscape designer types who charge EUR30k for a water feature and some ferns :O

I live in South Dublin.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

brodrjam wrote: »
    How much might it cost to remove an area of concrete from my back garden and prep for rolled turf? the area is approx 300sqm and there is good access down the side of the house.

I want to lay turf but thinking it will be cheaper to try and find one of these contractors you see working on the roads than the landscape designer types who charge EUR30k for a water feature and some ferns :O

I live in South Dublin.

I know someone who wont be too happy when he reads this.:pac::D

Hire out a man with a jcb and concrete breaker for a day and he will easily break up that amount of concrete.

Then get in a grab hire truck to remove the stuff.

Lots of construction company and groundworks workers out there offering this sevice in various newspapers,free ads papers and websites these days.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Drill a few holes and pop in some Dynamite

Problem solved :eek:

*Takes no responsibility for any unforeseen consequences*:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 brodrjam

er, thanks. Dynamite would certainly be a quick job but the neighbours might complain and i'd still have to pay to get rid of the hard core! :o

any ideas which papers / sites i can find these "fellars with diggers" ?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

brodrjam wrote: »
    er, thanks. Dynamite would certainly be a quick job but the neighbours might complain and i'd still have to pay to get rid of the hard core! :o

any ideas which papers / sites i can find these "fellars with diggers" ?!

adverts.ie,gumtree.com,buy and sell.ie tradesman.ie to name a few

Evening Herald,Northside People,City Ads peper.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

how thick is the concrete? does it have mesh or rebar contained within it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

i cando this job for u if its still there pm me if u want

Advertisement