Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone offering maths grinds?

Options
  • 15-11-2014 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hello all,

I'm a first year Human Genetics student at TCD and my mathematic ability is horrific.

Currently taking the Maths For Scientists module and don't have a CLUE whats going on. Like literally, i couldn't even add numbers together at this stage.

Firstly, i go to all my lectures and listen my best, so thats not the issue.. also i have attended the maths help room every week now and that has been of no benefit to me. They are always too busy in there and i never have the time to ask all the questions i need to ask.

So I'm searching for a maths wiz, who's patient and willing to help me. Someone who won't get frustrated if i ask what 2 + 2 is.. do these people exist?

Im fun and friendly and willing to learn, and money can be negotiated.

PM me if interested and we can make beautiful maths together :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Have you tried Khan Academy? He covers everything that is done in JF and SF Science maths, and has a great way of teaching, and you can always pause the video and rewind.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LauraaWhelann

Have you tried Khan Academy? He covers everything that is done in JF and SF Science maths, and has a great way of teaching, and you can always pause the video and rewind.

Heya!

Nope i haven't, but il certainly give it a go! thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Burkie.EXE

The school of maths runs a free helproom for a few hours in the afternoons for anyone who needs a hand with maths, details are here- http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~mathshelp/

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

i have attended the maths help room every week
    Burkie.EXE wrote: »
    The school of maths runs a free helproom for a few hours in the afternoons for anyone who needs a hand with maths, details are here- http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~mathshelp/

She knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

What day are you going in at for the maths help room? I used to do them on Mondays and most of the time, I would get at most one person and there were several times when no one would come in. Maybe you are picking a busy day? Also, different people do it on different days if you weren't happy with one particular person.

• Advertisement
Advertisement