Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is 'in' for 2013?

Options
  • 05-01-2013 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭

I need some new clothes. What is 'in' for 2013? I want to be able to get a lot of wear out of what I buy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I have no idea. Wear what you think looks nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

everything, depending on what magazine you choose to read.

if you want to get a lot of wear out something, buy things that have always been "in", not whatever is supposedly "in" for 2013 (until the complete opposite is "in for 2013" in a few months time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

I think if you need new clothes you're better off buying basics and wardrobe staples that will take you from season to season and buy maybe just one piece of a trend whether it be neon or stripes or floral or peplum etc that will incorporate into the rest of your wardrobe. I usually buy a 'trend' piece from the likes of Penneys where it won't cost me a fortune and where I don't feel guilty for spending a small fortune on it when I get sick of it.

Wardrobe staples such as

1) a good fitting pair of dark and midwash jeans,
    2) a pair of black skinny jeans,
    3) a white shirt,
    4) a black dress,
    5) some camisoles,
    6) good fitting t'shirts,
    7) a few nice sheer blouses,
    8) a dressy pair of black trousers,
    9) well fitted blazers to dress up jeans,
    10) some good quality cardigans that won't go 'bally'
    11) one or two nice jumpers
    12) a good bag,
    13) a good pair of heels,
    14) a good pair of boots and I think you will have everything you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭puddles and umbrellas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Florals, monochrome, grunge.
    Florals and monochrome you'll probably already have. grunge think 1990s, Penneys has loads of it in the the min, you may already have a leather or denim jacket.
    Nothing overly exciting as yet. To quote Devil Wears Prada: "Florals for spring - groundbreaking."

• Advertisement
Advertisement